Newbie with a new charvel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with a new charvel!

Went 65miles today to specipically try some guitars and this spoke to me out of 3 i tried!

Its a Charvel San Dimas Pro mod series made in japan. SD pickups JB and 59

Wow !!!!!! Acoustically its very loud so for a start it was great, the fret ends are really smooth and the ends of the fret board are rolled like a min scallop. veryy comfortable to play. Action was a bit high but had it set up in shop and now is just how i like it.
    The JB pickup is obviously what ive been looking for as it screams! tones of bite and aggression and loads of treble. Had to turn down my treble on my amp a bit but now the settings are pretty good. Will need a bit more play time to get spot on. Loads of mids to from that pickup. With my gain maxed the rythem is muddy but lead is awesome so i rolled back the volume a tad and the rhythem is now clear and crunchy as i wanted.
    The neck pickup seems nice and warm and very nice when played clean. havent triewd it to much to be honest as been on the bridge for one hour now!
    Not sure if its an original floyd rose as it doesnt say in the specs on the web but it doesnt have any patents applied for written on it? Feels very nice to use. Feels better than my edge on my ibanez which always feels a bit stiff.
    Any how i love this and will update at a later date, now for some pics, sorry there big but just check out the quality craftsmenship on it!

Havent posted much but i thought id share the joy!

Nice grab! Congrats!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Very nice grab indeed.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Nice, I can see the neck tint now, looks good to me!

Comment

Nice review.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I got one just like it about a month ago, since then the rest of my collection has been sitting idle. They're very well made and a lot of bang for your buck. Congrats!!!!

Comment

Love the tinted necks may have to get one now
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

So an update,
                Still playing great and screaming! The neck pup seems quite brittle sounding on high gain when playing the high E string, it looks slightly higher than the bridge height so will adjust the pole down a tad, think i might get a tone knob fitted to roll of the highs on the neck to mellow it down a tad. For cleans this neck pup is lovely, one of the best ive tried. The bridge is awesome, doesnt like my amp maxed out for rhythem tones but with it dialled back a tad its great. I roll back my volume for rhythem and turn up for lead, works a treat.
                Cant fault it to be honest, inotation is excellent from the factory also.
                The control covers on the back look very good quality too. They dont look like cheap plastic ones on the outside the sort of look like they have a wood grain on them but they are plastic looking on the other side. Nice touch to make look smarter. There very well fitted to and the trem cavity is the neatest ive ever seen, very well cut and finished. Everything just is excellent attention to detail.
                My Gibby LP isnt no where as good work as this guitar and USA is suppose to be tops. Id go japan anyday if this is there standards!

Comment

Only thing that I can say is....
                  "I WANT ONE!!!"
                  Nice guitar!

Comment

Sweet! I think thats the best color as well, Thats the color and model I want to get when the time comes. Good Choice!!

Comment

I got one just like this the other week! good ain't it! sounds like yours was set up better from the factory than mine though. congrats

Comment

Working...
                      X