Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHARVEL Model 3a finish complete! The sexiest model 3a you've ever seen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHARVEL Model 3a finish complete! The sexiest model 3a you've ever seen!

First, here is a picture of the guitar that inspired my 3a:

Here is a before shot of my model 3a:

... and here are some after shots!

RIP Criss Oliva -> Still The Orchestra Plays
    My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

really cool I like it

Comment

Is it decals or painted?
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I pretty much had a feeling you were going to do that. Looks good.

Budman (www.fretsonthenet.com) can make you some better fitting pickup rings.

Comment

Nice... but mine's way sexier... and as soon as I get a sunny day, I'll take some snaps!

I assume that's a decal you got?
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            Nice... but mine's way sexier... and as soon as I get a sunny day, I'll take some snaps!

I assume that's a decal you got?
            Yeah, they're decals, but I actually ended up making them all myself. I couldn't find any wraps that had the right tiger pattern on them- they were all George Lynch type patterns. Each stripe is an individual decal that I cut from a black colored blank. It was tedious as hell and took me over a week, but the final look is hard to beat. In person you'd have to actually hold the guitar to be able to tell that they're decals and not painted stripes.
            RIP Criss Oliva -> Still The Orchestra Plays
            My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

Comment

Working...
            X