Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the dimensions of a model series body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the dimensions of a model series body?

I only have a dinky 550xl so I was wondering if anybody has the dimensions of a model series body?
    RIP Criss Oliva -> Still The Orchestra Plays
    My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

model series are full sided strat bodies and the 550s are 7/8ths the size.

Comment

so they're the same size as a strat? Are the horns/cut outs the same?
      My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

Comment

The 550XL is a Dinky body. 7/8th the size of a Strat body.
        Someone on here had a pencil overlay the showed the difference.
        The whole body is slightly smaller than a Strat... hence the name "Dinky".
        And no, the horns are not cut the same as a Strat.
        -Rick

Comment

Thanks, but I was asking about the horns/cut outs on the model-series body, not the dinky

Comment

Basically the same as a strat. The edge radius is smaller vs a strat.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
            X