Charvel now at MF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel now at MF?

This according to a mailer I just got. Not that I would buy one from them but why now after the move to Japan? I suppose it will make them available to larger crowd.

You know for only $200 more for a US model, why would anyone by the Jap models?
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
      You know for only $200 more for a US model, why would anyone by the Jap models?
      You can't be serious? Sorry to disappoint but 200 bucks is a lot of money for a lot of people. And furthermore nothing tells you the US guitars are any better (or worse, for that matter) than the Japanese models.

Comment

To be honest the Alder used for the bodies of the US models is not of the highest quality. Some of the US Pro Mods were very heavy and dead sounding. Maybe the Japs will use better/lighter Alder?

Comment

Plus they (Japanese models) come with a case for that price. I'd prefer that they were still made here but I am anxious to play one & see how they compare to the USA models.

Comment

I prefer the Japanese guitars, personally.

Comment

Anyone remember getting excited about the MF catalogs when they arrived in the mail? Like, in the 80's? That day beat the shit out of Service Merchandise catalog day anyday (or JC Penney for that matter). Nowadays, they just get heaved into the trash without so much as a glance inside. This is not to be confused for MF-hate, it's just that the thrill is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by pott View Post
                You can't be serious? Sorry to disappoint but 200 bucks is a lot of money for a lot of people. And furthermore nothing tells you the US guitars are any better (or worse, for that matter) than the Japanese models.
                Its alot of money for me too, but if youre gonna spend $900, whats $200 more, and not a matter of Jap being better or worse, just a matter of supporting my home economy.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Well one thing right now is the time to buy up all the USA ones you can they will command a higher price later.
                  The stores are trying to move the USA ones and the prices are sitting around $900.00.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    Anyone remember getting excited about the MF catalogs when they arrived in the mail? Like, in the 80's? That day beat the shit out of Service Merchandise catalog day anyday (or JC Penney for that matter). Nowadays, they just get heaved into the trash without so much as a glance inside. This is not to be confused for MF-hate, it's just that the thrill is gone.
                    I completely agree.
                    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Service Merchandise was the shit!
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                        Its alot of money for me too, but if youre gonna spend $900, whats $200 more, and not a matter of Jap being better or worse, just a matter of supporting my home economy.
                        That's fair enough I guess... I've been an expat all my life so it's hard to keep this aspect in perspective. Not been too long since I stopped being a student without any money too...

Comment

The Internet has ruined my excitement for catalogs in general. It is so much easier now to compare pricing, features, etc. Growing up, I loved both the Service Merchandise catalogs and visiting the store. We had one in Hayward, CA.

Comment

I think it was eBay that ruined pretty much all music stores for me. I used to love Service Merchandise as well, they had a nice mix of stuff. I got my first BMX bike there as well as lots of electronics equipment as I got older. The one I used to frequent in Natick MA has now (at least partially) been turned into a Guitar Center.

Comment

Working...
                            X