pro mod Wildcard Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pro mod Wildcard Review

Ok guys,the guitar arrived this morning,I've never done a review so be gentle on me.
    i'll start by listing the negitives first to get them out of the way.
    1,no relief in the neck,it was dead straight,
    2. Action set way to high.
    3.Pickups set too high.
    4.coil tap for bridge humbucker not wired,now i know this is a personal thing but i think if the facility is there why not just hook it up, it can't be more than 30 seconds extra on the production line.
    all the above has been sorted within the first hour or so.

Ok that's the bad stuff out of the way.

Up untill 2004 i worked in musical instrument retail for 24years,so i say this next part with experience in the trade.

I've never seen a new guitar presented in a more consumer focused way before,I'm not sure about the usa models but this arrived in a sealed cardboard outer box.
    The skb case was wrapped in its own protective bag and the warranty /owner's manual was perfectly straight in the case which looked very pleasing as a buyer.
    in the compartment of the case was a bag containing hex keys,trem arm,a pair of jim dunlop strap locks and a hex key thing for the back of the headstock. All in all a very presentable package.!!

Ok ,down to the guitar,After the minor issues were sorted i plugged it in to my trilogy halfstack.First thing i noticed is that the neck deffinatly is not like the old model series,much fatter from front to back and wider,If you've ever played an esp kamikaze you'll know hat i mean,The frets are massive when compared to my ibanez as well.After stetching the strings and clamping the nut dow,the floyd proved to be rock solid with no variance in the pitch when settled after use,some floyds just seem to work better than others.tonally the jb sounds as you'd expect with perhaps a bit more beef in the lower region due i think to the direct mounting to the wood.the stacked singles also sound everybit as good as anything i've tried in the last 10 years or so.The overall playability is as good as or better than everythinge else i've owned period,and that includes most mainstream brands and a few handmade items as well,All in all i real Bargain,Get one soon i'd say.
    Thats all i can think of at this point other than to thank guitar village farnham for there outstanding service and deal on this guitar.If anyone needs to know what kind of deal i had feel free to pm me.
    Keith
    Last edited by keithf; 10-11-2010, 11:30 AM.

Thanks for taking the time to share this.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Cool. Got pics?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dude, how much did you get it for?
        Gear

Jackson DXMG
        Jackson JS30RR
        Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
        Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
        Blackstar HT5H
        Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
        Marshall JCM 800 2203
        Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Any opinion on the finish?
          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Got to say the finish is outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
              Dude, how much did you get it for?
              drop me a pm,i don't want to post it openly.

Comment

It looked like a recessed floyd and truss rod adjustment on the headstock. Both true?

Have you played a USA pro mod to compare the necks?

Comment

ok,Bit of an update on this,turns out the guitar was faulty,middle pickup stopped working after 2 days,
                  guitar was returned and i decided to have a red so cal instead,
                  that arrived set up like a dog,also the neck edges looked almost scalloped inbetween each fret .so its gone back,

Comment

the neck edges looked almost scalloped inbetween each fret .so its gone back,
                    umm .. that's what it's supposed to be like. The edges are rolled for that broke in feeling. That's one of the necks BIG selling points.

Comment

high Rich,yeh i though that but it's way over the top,I'm talking 3mm deep crevis's,way past what would be considered broke in,you'd think the neck was 20years old and played very heavily as well.

Comment

Sounds like the MIJ stuff is garbage!

j/k

Always bound to be a few duds.
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

keithf, good luck with the next one, I hope it works out for you. Pics of the over the top rolled fingerboard would have been nice.
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Check this out,this is the replacement!
                            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

That's a real pretty color; I have one in KT also.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X