Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Charvel is this? (Link to Video Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Charvel is this? (Link to Video Inside)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Unm7dru9Y

Looks like a model 3a with a different bridge and only one knob. Look closely at the headstock and you'll find the "guitar shaped" Charvel logo. Pretty sick song as well.

When my model 3a arrives I think I'm going to put some tiger stripes on it.. where can I get these?
    RIP Criss Oliva -> Still The Orchestra Plays
    My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

Criss Oliva is playing the same Charvel in this Detroit 1987 concert. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDy_N...eature=related
    Lots of good videos of it from same guy who uploaded that video. The Charvel logo is still on the headstock, it's just harder to see.
    My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

Comment

It's a dual hum U.S.A. pointy. Before the model series started. It has the guitar shaped logo except it is the gold 3X3 headstock logo instead of the white pointy H.S. logo like on the model series.

Comment

Ah, thanks for the info. I just ordered a model 3a today. It's aged white, and I'm really digging those tiger stripes on Oliva's Charvel.

Comment

Here you go, a better pic. I knew I had this somewhere

Comment

Nice pic. Criss Oliva was a god.

Criss had two of these tiger stripe guitars. I think the 1987 one has the gold logo, but look at 0:03 of that first link I posted. That guitar has a white logo.

Comment

Working...
            X