Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel model 3? Value?

Hello!

I've had this old charvel sitting in my rack for a while. I'm led to believe its a model 3. The plates and screws for the locking nut are missing and it is obviously sans strings. I'm leaning toward just getting rid of it as opposed to fixing it up. My initial thoughts are $100-$150. What say you guys? Thanks!

$100 sounds about right with all those parts missing. These are cheap imports so not very valuable. PM me and I'll take it off your hands . Seriously, you should check completed Ebay listings. That would tell you about how much you could get for it. If I had to guess, I would $200 or so.

Comment

Thank you for your reply! I've been keeping my eye on ebay and the last time I saw something (in pretty cherry shape) I think it was around $300. Dave from Fretsonthenet has the plates and screws for about $20 I think. So sounds like $150 would be pretty fair whilst giving someone a good deal at the same time. I'm much more of a player than a tech so I have no idea what other issues (if any) it may have. You can see theres a little bit of corrosion on the pickups and bridge but I don't think thats a very big deal.

Comment

One more thing I was wondering...would an original Floyd or Kahler be a drop-in replacement to the exisiting JT6 bridge?

Comment

Yes on the Floyd and Kahler (if the Kahler is one of the licensed Floyd copy Kahler with the correct post spacing)
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

That would be the Kahler Steeler.

What is so wrong with the JT6? I just got one on a USA Jackson and it doesn't seem too bad.

Comment

The JT6 on the Model 2 I have is real stable for a licensed by. The JT580 on the Kelly I just picked up is real stable. The JT580 on the DKMG I just let go a few weeks ago was crap and so on. Its a mix of hit and miss and proper setup.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                That would be the Kahler Steeler.

What is so wrong with the JT6? I just got one on a USA Jackson and it doesn't seem too bad.
                Ha! You actually make a good point. I have literally never played this guitar. It's probably fine, I was just curious...

Comment

frets 56789 look kinda worn, but thats just through picasa?
                  I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
                  X