Can anyone ID this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone ID this?

I bought this from a guy that told me he thought it was made in Japan a few years ago. It has a EVH 500k volume pot. It also has a Floyd Rose Trem in a recessed cavity in the body. The serial number is 06100029. Perhaps an indication of being an '06??? [/IMG]The neckplate says nothing other than Charvel and the serial number inside a box and it is black or dark gray in color. The Charvel logo on the headstock has no words under it.
    Just curious what the value of this would be before I let anyone know how much I gave the guy for it. And if it is indeed a MIJ. I wanted a Charvel and it looked cool with a pointy headstock.
    Last edited by maidenaz; 09-29-2010, 10:16 AM.

I thought they only made these in the US. It's kinda missing the US Fort Worth TX plate they have on the USA pointies ive seen in stores lately. Mind you, there could be a good explanation. All i know, is that a sweet looking axe and you're quite fortunate. Enjoy her.

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
      It's kinda missing the US Fort Worth TX plate they have on the USA pointies ive seen in stores lately.
      Errr... typo? I hope you do know that a guitar with a Ft Worth Plate isn't made in the US.

Comment

From the '05 catalog. Say they came with option of OFR. Could be..
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Here's a '06 price list. It has all your specs for a USA Standard San Dimas. Nice guitar BTW!!! http://www.jedistar.com/pdf/Charvel_...Winter2006.pdf
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

The plate & headstock logo look like something made in Japan for the Japanese market. There were some USA pointies that had a similar etched neckplate before they came out with the cast San Dimas reproduction plates we see now, but they would have a 4-digit serial in the 6000 range and "Made in USA" under the headstock logo, and I think the plates had the San Dimas address or at least "Made in USA" on them. There were also etched plates on the USA reissues in '95 and '96 that had 6 digits and started with 95 or 96, but those guitars had dinky bodies, 24 frets and the pseudo-strat headstock. Looks like a nice guitar, no matter what.

Comment

EVH pot?? wow that will nail Eddie's tone.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

thanks

thanks for the help and compliments!! It seems to be a great guitar. I love it. Now I just need one more and one more.....until I get a Warren DeMartini...
                I have done a lot of searching and I can't find anything about that particular type of neckplate. I was thinking the EVH pot would indicate it was made after '02 when Fender took over. Not that it matters, really. Just curious.
                thanks again!!
                Last edited by maidenaz; 05-29-2011, 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                X