Model 2(?) deal!! New aquisition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 2(?) deal!! New aquisition

Stopped by the local pawn shop this week and found this for $220.

Everything on it is almost mint with only a couple blemishes. There are light pick swirls and some small dents in the edges of the body. The finish has cracked at the corners of the neck pocket and is missing the insert to one of the string lock sections. Im pretty sure its and 87 or 88 and it is a model 2 right? Im not to keen on the model series.

Its like this on both sides.

Heres the real kicker that basicly made it a must have for me beyond the initial price...

The only thing wrong with the case is one of the latches is broken. The shell has no cracks and the interior is clean and intact, even the straps that keep the lid from opening all the way are still in place and functioning.

Id give it an 8.5 of 10 in overall condition.
    If you want bigger pics, just follow the link to my flickr account.

Heres the flickr link http://www.flickr.com/photos/emerson47201/
    I cant wait to hit the studio with it sunday and some shows here soon.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Nice grab! really like that color!

Comment

The metal flake in it is so fine that it almost has a metallic look to it, like if you were to put red paint over chrome. Im not a red fan normally but this finish i do like.

Comment

Congrats, Twitch! Add it to the family.

Comment

That is a late 88 model 2. Candy red metallic wasn't in the books IIRC.So my guess at the end of the run they could have slipped a few in.
          Very cool I have only seen two with that color.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice grab for sure. I have a Model 1C in that color and love it.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what is it about it that makes it an 88? For my future reference.

Comment

The JT-6, the neck plate gasket and the ® on the head stock makes it an 87 or 88. How the color can make it an 88 only, I don't know. The serial is a good indicator of the year.

Some say that the ® on the head stock makes it definitely an 88.
                Last edited by jackson1; 09-24-2010, 05:11 PM.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I knew it had to be an 87 or 88, but was wondering what the biggest distinction was. The JT-6 appears to be an 87 according to what looks to be a date code on it. I had a 3DR that was an 88 and Im down on the JT-6 being 87 - 89ish. I do understand that the parts date code doesnt mean anything. Maybe ill take the neck off next string change.

Comment

That is a great color!!!
                    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

yup there were only a few made in that color for the final year like straycat said
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Nice grab. I had a model 3 In that color. Still miss it.

Comment

Working...
                        X