Ultimate Fusion Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Fusion Project

Well guys I embarked on a journey I thought I never would. I recently bought an early 90's fusion and dirt cheap really. It was kind of beat up and I was having some issues especially with the trem. Initially, I was going to leave it as is, but I quickly changed my mind and decided that I would totally remodel it. It came with an evolution pickup and some other dimarzio single coil. I ripped those out and ordered an X2N and Tone Zone S, cuz I was heavily influenced by Michael Romeos guitar. I upgraded the hardware and all electronics and changed the hardware to black. I swapped out the Schaller FR for an OFR and am not regretting it BTW. Rich#6 provided me with some early charvel black tuning pegs for a more-than-fair price. Thanks Rich#6! They look better than advertised. And the new color speaks for itself. I was really nervous about this project cuz it required some skills I had never practiced. the worst being having to modify the single coil route and the OFR route to accomodate for the longer bolts. Here are some pictures on how this guitar evolved into what it is now. Enjoy the "yellow and black attack" haha. Final note, if I could do this, anyone can.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54214373@N07/
    Last edited by cornstar70; 09-23-2010, 02:19 PM.

Dang, I thought I wouldve gotten more feedback than this haha.

Comment

That looks very nice! I did my own Fusion project awhile back, mating a Fusion Pro neck to a Fusion HH body. Worked very well, but I can't play Fusions anymore because the necks are too thin for my aging hands and wrists.

Comment

Sorry to hear that and thanks for the compliment. I love the neck and short scale. I wasn't graced with long fingers so it works well for me.

Comment

Nice work. What did you use for the color and clear coat?
          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Looks damn good to me!!
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
              Nice work. What did you use for the color and clear coat?
              Rattle cans. I originally was using Krylon but it wasn't working out too well. It's kind of humid where I live. I switched over to the Rustoleum multi-purpose paint and gloss clear to finish it out. I got much better results with the rustoleum.

Comment

That looks great, I'm a sucker for yellow, nicely done!
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Gracias. Yeah, i'm real pleased with the yellow paint and black hardware

Comment

Originally posted by cornstar70 View Post
                    Rattle cans. I originally was using Krylon but it wasn't working out too well. It's kind of humid where I live. I switched over to the Rustoleum multi-purpose paint and gloss clear to finish it out. I got much better results with the rustoleum.
                    I was wondering that as well. How did you know the Krylon wasn't working right? I've heard good things about Krylon, just curious what to look out for.

Comment

I honestly think it was the humidity screwing with me. The rustoleum has that double coat technology and it didn't run as much. I really can't explain it.

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Looks awesome. Did you route behind the trem for the OFR to fit. If you pull back on the floyd it will hit the body
                          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Yeah I routed back roughly about a half inch so I could make room for the longer bolts.

Comment

Am I seeing a Mint condition Chainsaw case? (mint as in: all 4 latches present and working)
                              Last edited by Nightbat; 09-26-2010, 11:18 AM.
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X