Back and NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back and NGD

Hey guys! Its been a long time since i've come on here, something like 4 months or so. As some of you might've remembered, I joined the Canadian Forces in early April. I've since completed my 3 and half months of basic training and have been posted on the west coast of Canada, in Victoria BC. Of course i'm not entirely posted until i start and finish my trade courses, and that won't be for another year or so. So i live on base in dormatory style block, without any of my instruments or gear. So i finally went out to the local pawn shops and snagged a Charvel. I never thought id find this here, but it's perfect cause it plays a lot like my Soloist Pro, only its not neck-thru or anything. It has a Schaller floyd rose, but i lack the bar that goes with it and the lock on the headstock is a little weird. It's a fine playing guitar bu the j90c (i assume) bridge pick up was swapped out for an EMG-85 which is a horrible pick-up in my opinion :S. He also removed the three on off switches and the two singles are obviously disconnect. He did a good job on the soldering, it plays without error, but the pick-up ring is a total mess and basically il be putting a Dimarzio in there and selling the EMG.

I've been looking around, and i am having a hard time identifying it. I would think a model 3, but i don't see a lot of them with shark inlays or Schallers. Maybe the schaller was swapped on, but if i remember from somewhere else, i think they might've installed schallers on some of the Charvels. Either way, i'd be grateful if someone could help me out here.

I got here for 180$ with a hardshell case. Either way, its a great player and with the extra time i have compared to my basic training days, i can start playing music again. I might be far from Montreal, but with an axe in my hand and tunes in my head il always be right at home .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i LOVE the color and it could be a M4 right? idk i like it either way!
    '86 Charvel Model 4 Cobalt Blue
    '08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
    '05 Gibson Les Paul Standard in root beer
    '00 Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black
    '97 Epiphone Les Paul Trans Black quilt ( LE )
    Custom made/built by me strat with tex-mex pick up's
    Orange Tiny Terror
    Egnater Tweaker
    Carvin 2x12 cab with v30's

Comment

Hi little buddy!

That's a Model 4 with a chrome (!) JT-6. Not a bad deal there.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome back! and thanks for your service...

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Hi little buddy!

That's a Model 4 with a chrome (!) JT-6. Not a bad deal there.
          Really ? sweeet nice to hear that. Either way, i love this guitar, but it needs a bit of TLC.

Thanks Daisp

Comment

That's a Model 4 with a chrome (!) JT-6.
            Looks like jt6 string blocks but looks like a jt590 to me.

Comment

But that bridge is really messed. The blades are worn out as hell on it, so im thinking of replacing with an OFR or something. I dunno if its worth it on a Model 4. What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                Looks like jt6 string blocks but looks like a jt590 to me.
                Yeah I was just looking at the blocks
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If you play the guitar often, I say do it. I've got a red Model 4 with an OFR. At the time I converted to the OFR, I was playing it a lot so it was worth the swap to me. However, if the original bridge wasn't in such bad shape, I probably would have left it alone.

Comment

Working...
                  X