Charvel swith from USA to Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel swith from USA to Japan

Why is Charvel/Fender taking their USA production models to Japan now? I dont understand.:think:

We will never know the real reason. All we can do is speculate. My guess is that Fender decided that they didn't want to continue making the guitars on their line for whatever reason, and JCMI had no choice but to move it into their own facility. The J/C USA operation in their little corner of the Corona factory isn't set up for mass-producing value-priced guitars, so Japan it is.

Like I said, just my own guess, but it's all I can come up with. I've been griping about it, but I'm done. As proud as Mike & the other guys were of the promods, I really don't think this move was their idea. They seem like good guys, and I think they were put in a tough spot. Hopefully, these guitars will turn out great & this will work out for them. The Japanese factory has put out amazing guitars in the past. If they get quality materials and are allowed to devote the necessary man-hours to each guitar, they can actually make as good or better a product than Fender USA, imo. The problem is that the status of "Made in USA" won't be there. My first gut reaction was that I would probably never even try one, but I'm going to go ahead and check them out as soon as they hit the stores.

Comment

Well, I bought two USA made San Dimas models, while I could get them.

Comment

Maybe the ProMods are going to Japan, and they will start up another USA line at a slightly higher price point

Comment

If they're anything like the old model series, I'm fine with it.

Comment

Yeah, I hope the quality holds out .

Comment

Yeah, the old Model-series guitars were great quality!

Comment

I think everybody is jumping to conclusions.
                They are showing a "Made in Japan" guitar in the video.
                That means a Japanese Charvel is going to be sold on our shores.
                That has nothing to do with USA made guitars going away. I have not read anything about shutting down USA Charvel custom builds.
                ProMods were not ever promised to us as a staple production model.
                I look forward to seeing what they will produce.
                And if they produce special batch models and finishes for our dealers in the states, that are produced in japan, then fine.
                An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Peace
                  An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                  A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Why is a newbie starting a thread about a subject on which there already exists at least 2 other threads?

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Why is a newbie starting a thread about a subject on which there already exists at least 2 other threads?

I think he was baiting you. Look out behind you Ron!!!!!!
                      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I notice "switch" is spelled wrong also!

Comment

...or he was typing really fast!

Comment

Well shit man, why dont you just crucify me why dont you geesh. Sorry, What did I do to deserve this treatment.Sorry for bringing this post up for the 3rd time. I didnt know.

Comment

Well that would be a good thing for owners of the first run pro mods and later USA pro mods as far as holding their value.
                              That is if all the pro mod mfg even goes to Japan and still we don't really know what their plans are.
                              MIJ Charvels were some excellent guitars so I don't see a problem so far.
                              Last edited by straycat; 07-24-2010, 01:11 AM.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X