Model 5A sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5A sighting

Was out at a guitar shop and a guy was trading a few pieces and he had a black 87-88 5A not sure how his deal went down but he has my cell number and my offer.
    Hope he calls.LOL
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Good luck.
    Like to have a 5A myself.
    Models
    The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
    I dont need furniture.
    If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
    If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
    And rock that sucker.

Comment

Whatchathinking? 4 bills?

Comment

Well got it today and its been modded slightly which is OK by me.
        The JT-6 has the floyd screw in stud for a regular floyd arm a great upgrade IMO.
        It has an added tone knob and an EMG 81.The wiring was done very well too.
        Need to clean it up,polish the frets,new strings and set up.
        It came with a 90's Charvel black chainsaw case for a bolt-on but I have a minty 5-6 original grey chainsaw case for it.
        Yep Don I paid 4 bills for it and didn't feel too bad about it.
        The store offered him $250.00 in trade.
        Real nice dude who sold it to me and he has an SD plated dinky too and he knows where he can sell it someday!
        Last edited by straycat; 06-18-2010, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Pretty clean over all and the 81 somkes in this guitar and I'm not a huge EMG fan.

Comment

That's a good deal...been seeing the 5's going for north of $500 on ebay, and the 5A's are fairly rare...
            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Not sure how many were made but true you just don't see that many.
              This is such a great playing guitar too just feels right to me.I've had 6's that didn't feel this good.

Comment

Bengal who used to post here has one for sale on HC if anyone is really jonesin for one right now.

Comment

Oops...his is a 5FX.

Comment

There was a Model 5 at Sam Ash for $399 a while back, but it was one of those "just didn't feel right" ones. It was snatched up fairly quickly.

That 5A looks sweet. Single Hum just looks cool.

Comment

Don if it was the blackcherry one it was there a long time.They wouldn't budge on the price so I gave up and bought the model 2 they had at $250.00

Comment

I don't remember it being there long, but at the time, I was not buying guitars so it might have been a year between visits. It was blackcherry, 2 hums (Model 5).

I don't think I ever saw the Model 2. I think we both remember that metal flake gold custom soloist that had issues. I think they finally sold that. That Sam Ash isn't in a big hurry to move stuff. I bought a RR24M back during the sale but that's been it.

The GC has little to offer also.

I've been spending a lot of money in TN and bringing the guitars back up Cinci.

Comment

Sam Ash really lost their mind buying that soloist off of whoever traded it in.
                          That neck had more twists than a WVa highway.

Comment

Working...
                          X