Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pickups: What to use for third pot (81x/SAx/SAx) on Model 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups: What to use for third pot (81x/SAx/SAx) on Model 4?

So, I'm wiring in my new pickups and looking forward to playing, but I've got a volume and a tone control wired in and was wondering what you guys would recommend for the third knob. SPC? A separately wired tone or volume knob for the singles vs. the humbucker?

I'm waiting on my OFR to arrive, so I plan on playing around with it this weekend. Ideas are welcome.

I would just put in a dumby knob to plug the hole.(yes that's want I have done to my own guitars)

Comment

I have a Model 6 with the same pickup configuration and placed an SPC control connected only to the neck pickup. I did this so with the SPC on it'd have the same output has the bridge. The middle is usually lowered so much that I can't even use it.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I put an Afterburner in the third hole on my Model 4. It was OK, but 2nd time around I'd do the SPC, I think.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I say either an Afterburner or a mid-boost system. These need battery cavities of course. Alternatively, you can do what I did on a guitar and put in a killswitch.

Comment

EMG SPC is probably what I'd do. I used them in place of tone knobs on several guitars with EMG's in the past.

Comment

Would you guys wire the SPC to the output or just the single coils?

Comment

I had mine with an 85 and 89. It did stuff.

It's just a mid boost control, so it's not like you can't use it with a humbucker, too, but off the top of my head I can't think of a way you'd use it with two out of three pickups (it goes in series, so one or all three is it.)

Comment

Working...
                X