Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Model 6 hard-case recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 6 hard-case recommendation?

I'm going to be traveling with my Model 6 beater:

but need a new hard-case, as last time I traveled the airline did this to it:

Would appreciate it if someone could recommend a standard hard-case that fits the guitar. Thanks.

You need ATA flightcase.

http://shop.castlecases.co.uk/index....febf808081c040

Comment

Is that a Gator?

They did THAT?

jesus.

Get a Gator ATA. or a Jackson ATA.

you can get Gators off the gator website, or the Jacksons from sweetwater.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

For the headstock, you may need the extra long Gator case. I think mine are the extra long ones.

I've travelled with both the ATA and Standard cases and even the standards come out intact (maybe a ding or so but that is to be expected)
        I like EL34s.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion guys, I'll look into it.

To be fair, the Charvel's case, like the guitar, was from the '80s so the plastic was brittle to begin with. The guitar has had a hard life, so if it did get a damaged when the case did, I didn't notice. :-)

Comment

No problem

I know alot of people on here are of the opinion that I think whatever I use or like is better than what everyone else uses (or likes), but that's because from my experience and in my opinion, it is.

The gators are seriously strong motherf*ckers
            I like EL34s.

Comment

Good thing you had the "Fragile" tape all over it. God knows what they'd have done to it otherwise!
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

well you can see how effect the fragile tape was. No breakages anywhere that the tape is.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I had a whole roll of the fragile tape. Had I known how good it was, I'd have wrapped the whole case up.

Actually VitG, I bought the guitar in Oz and the case got screwed on the flight back to Europe less than a year ago. I need a new case... to bring it back to Oz. Doh!

Comment

Working...
                  X