Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sons first charvel

http://
    Been searching everywhere on net for any kind of info on this guitar. I think its a model 2 thats been modded or just a mutt. Haven't found any pics that looks like it. here is some pics.
    Last edited by conshyboy5; 05-24-2010, 09:33 PM.

from the look of those single coil routs & the control cavity, you may be right.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

thanks for the reply, no matter what it is , it rocks and my 11 year old son hasn't put it down all week since I bought it for him.

Comment

Isn't that an early Model 4??
        My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

model 4s with dot inlays had kahlers, and a different control cavity cover.

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
            It sort of looks like one, but...

1) The single coil routes are not correct.

2) There should be three control knobs.

3) I think the control cavity for a Model 4 is full sized because of the battery and electronics needing more space.

Comment

Awesom!

Comment

I think that might be a B.C. Rich ST-3 body. It has the EXACT same pickup switches as mine, and as far as I know Charvel's never had them.

Also that's the same pickup routing, same input jack... And same colour

Comment

I looked at the single pup routes , it looks like someone had them routed out , there is no color in there just wood, I think switches and tone knob were added with the emg's. Son still hasn't stopped playing it , driving my wife nutz. Here is a bc rich on cl near me. http://reading.craigslist.org/msg/1768189181.html

Comment

I'm 99.99% sure it's a modded Model 2. The control cavity shape rules out a BC Rich. I agree that the switches look similar to what you'd see on an ST-3, but they're the same ones you find at any Radio Shack online parts place.

Comment

If it were an ST-3 body, it would still be WHITE. Charvel was pretty unique to have the yellowing you see.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                        I'm 99.99% sure it's a modded Model 2. The control cavity shape rules out a BC Rich. I agree that the switches look similar to what you'd see on an ST-3, but they're the same ones you find at any Radio Shack online parts place.

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        If it were an ST-3 body, it would still be WHITE. Charvel was pretty unique to have the yellowing you see.
                        My B.C. Rich is pretty white.
                        Originally posted by conshyboy5 View Post
                        I looked at the single pup routes , it looks like someone had them routed out , there is no color in there just wood, I think switches and tone knob were added with the emg's. Son still hasn't stopped playing it , driving my wife nutz. Here is a bc rich on cl near me. http://reading.craigslist.org/msg/1768189181.html
                        That's exactly what I'm trying to sell

Comment

here's a pic I took a while back for someone who was asking about control cavities. M4 on the left, M2 on the right:
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                          X