No announcement yet.

P'ups on Charvel Model 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you playing around with the EQ on your amp or are you just using the same settings for both guitars?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Asymmetrical shapes can be cool. I love the Jazz bass and the Jackson Dominion. But the Wolfgang has never appealed to me. Had a chance to pick one up for a very nice price a few years back but when it came to the crunch, I just couldn't see myself living with that shape.

I threw a JB/classic stack set in my Model 4. I like 'em!
      Hail yesterday

Comment

See, I hate the Jazz and Dominion. Peavey HAS gotten better over the years, but still seem to have a way to go. Those old Peaveys of 30 years ago were like the AMCs of guitars, man! UGH!!!
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

If you want this guitar to be super versatile in the types of tones you can get I would suggest these 2 products...

http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...iple_shot_swi/
          http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...er/prails_hot/

I'm picking up my $150 affinity strat over my RR1 these days just because I'm having so much fun playing with this pickup. If you want to go with a more traditional humbucker, try an SH-5 Custom. Actually a Full Shred (SH-10?) might get you close to the sound you are looking for better than an SH-5.
          Last edited by Hellbat; 05-22-2010, 12:01 PM.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The thing is - I don't really want something versatile. I just wanna get closer to THIS tone What pisses me off is that these Jackson pickups are very noisy, though they shouldn't be. And I can honestly say that these Peavey pickups (I believed they were manufactured by Dimarzio) are the best sounding pickups I've ever played. I guess I'm gonna try this Tone Zone + Chopper or sth like that setting. Thanks for help, I'll post something when I get them

Comment

Working...
            X