My new 1987 Model 3A w/ JT-6 trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new 1987 Model 3A w/ JT-6 trem

Picked this up locally off Craigslist. Not my dream model 5fx but getting closer

How did I do DG on identifying it?

It came with a primo case and the trem arm....

Last edited by MODEL5FX; 05-05-2010, 06:29 PM.

Looks tight, I love the two hum config on these. Is this your first Model series Charvel? If so, how do you like it?

Comment

No I currently have what is thought to be a modded model 2. http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/105...a-hello-to-JCF

And I am on a life long quest for a few more. I've let a decade pass me by wondering if i could get my original two back. It gives me something to do late at night.

I love the model series Charvel's and think the wall of "other" guitars is going to start getting replaced with them!

Comment

Nice! The 3A has one of my favorite setups, with the 2 hums & special 5-way switch. That's also one of my fave Model Series colors, along w/ candy red.

Comment

that is just about my perfect Model. 2 hums, a blade switch & Floyd. Wish I could find one.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

J80s & trick switching on those.

Sweet axe.
            Models
            The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
            I dont need furniture.
            If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
            If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
            And rock that sucker.

Comment

I looked in the the tech section and did not see a write up on setting up the JT-6. This thing is setting all the way back and I believe it should be parallel?

Comment

it should setup like any other Floyd. If the guitar is in the tuning you want it and the trem sits to low in the back, wind out the screws on the spring claw a couple of turns. Then tune up and see how it sits now. Repeat as necessary
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah or if it has like 4 or 5 springs on you could try pulling a spring too.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That is a sweet Model 3A. Looks minty for a twenty some year old axe. Love the electric blue!

Comment

These are my absolute FAVORITE Charvels (well, tie between 1986 Model 3 and this one because I like pickguards too and the neck single coil J-100's SMOKE!).
                      Full size super strat body. (Really have a hard time bonding with the 7/8 size Dinky body guitars).....Check
                      Bright sounding attack that you get from a bolt on....Check
                      Plain classic dot inlays.....Check
                      Blade switch...Check
                      Classic looking axe with rockin' mojo....Check
                      I like these so much more than Model 4's (except for 1986 Model 4's).
                      I just dont care for Sharkfins on Charvels.
                      That color is kickass on that guitar!
                      Last edited by bombtek; 05-06-2010, 05:19 PM.
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                      X