Skinned my Model 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skinned my Model 1

I've had my Model 1 since it was new, and it definately needs a refin, but times are tough, so for my birthday the wife bought a skin for me from ebay. It wasn't hard to do and she got the idea when she saw a post about a Soloist with a skin. I've not posted pics before but here goes:

Turned out pretty nice, I think. Supposed to be fully removable too.
    Hope you guys like.
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

That looks really good.
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

+1 ..that looks really cool..i would have no idea thats not a paint job!

Comment

4th floor graphics?
        I only need one more guitar.

Comment

That does look cool. It looks like you routed for the Floyd?
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
            4th floor graphics?
            Yup.
            Alvin- yeah, I ordered the floyd from Kramer in '88, then had a local luthier do the install as a recess, came out fantastic, been my main axe forever.
            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I'm having my Model 1 refinished. My bro-in-law paints all my guitars. I'm going with a Pearl White finish and then I'm letting my daughters put their handprints on the back then seal over them.

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Sick!

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                  I'm having my Model 1 refinished. My bro-in-law paints all my guitars. I'm going with a Pearl White finish and then I'm letting my daughters put their handprints on the back then seal over them.

Love the Marvin Martian! Cool idea for a refin too.

Comment

wow, that looks sharp, Scooter! Very cool
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks. I can feel the edge of the skin more than I thought I would, but I can accept it. Thinking of doing the DXMG with another when I can. Still saving for new pups for it.

Comment

Very Cool.

With a Floyded Model 1, I doubt you'd be needing much of anything else. That's a very sweet guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          Very Cool.

With a Floyded Model 1, I doubt you'd be needing much of anything else. That's a very sweet guitar.
                          Thank you. I love the guitar. It'd take an act of congress to get it from me. I told the wife it goes in my coffin when the day comes.

Comment

Damn it!! Now I need a marvin the martian painted on the soloist pro... He's all over my garage and my old truck... might as well have the guitar too. K9 will be there too!! Does anyone know what an Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator looks like?
                            Last edited by warlok; 05-01-2010, 07:57 AM.
                            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

really looks good!
                              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
                              X