Charvel project question... swapping the neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel project question... swapping the neck

I picked up a cheap mid 80's Charvel that had a broken headstock. 22 fret neck, 25 1/2" scale length, and a kahler 2500 trem.

I got a nice late 80's replacement neck, 22 frets, rosewood fret board and the toothpaste logo, same scale length, but it has a floyd lock nut on it. The other neck had the weird kahler lock behind the nut.

Should this be a problem? Seems to me like this combo should work fine, but the trem needs some replacement parts before I can string it up and test it.

It'll work fine. The heel width & shape stayed the same.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
      It'll work fine. The heel width & shape stayed the same.
      Yep I noticed that when I put the neck on it. I was more concerned about the difference between the kahler string lock on the old neck, and the floyd lock nut on this neck.

The guitar still has the kahler 2500 trem on it, which seems to be garbage but I found a 2710 replacement.

Comment

The locknut will work fine. I have a floyd nut on one of my guitars that has a Kahler flatmount trem, and it's great.

Comment

Better locking system anyway. I've done this before too with no issues. Post pics when you finish her.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            The locknut will work fine. I have a floyd nut on one of my guitars that has a Kahler flatmount trem, and it's great.
            Thats what i was hoping to hear. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
              Better locking system anyway. I've done this before too with no issues. Post pics when you finish her.
              The guitar is a basket case right now. Needs to be repainted badly, but thats why I picked it up.

Comment

Working...
              X