Fusion Custom Neck Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Custom Neck Swap

I love this guitar, but I've decided I'd like a little thicker neck and wider fret spacing - been playing a Strat lately and I really like how the neck feels. What are my options? I'd put a Strat neck on there if it'd work, but what about the locking nut? Maybe a San Dimas neck? I couldn't find much info on dimensions - could someone point me in the right direction? Or would I just be better off getting another guitar?

Thanks

Edit: I just found http://www.musikraft.com/ and it looks like this might be a good option.
    Last edited by DominoTree; 02-23-2010, 04:14 AM.

You'd be better off getting another guitar. The reason: scale length.

Any Fusion is a short scale guitar (24.75"), while a Strat is a Fender scale guitar (25.5"). You can't just swap in a neck with a longer scale length, because the bridge on the guitar body would be in the wrong spot for the new neck, and the guitar would no longer intonate.

I'd recommend you to try a recent Jackson DK-2. It has the Fender scale, and the neck is just moderately thin (not "wizard thin").

Comment

Which fusion do you have? When you say "custom" are you referring to MAKING it custom with a different neck?

I agree with Sunbane- You can get a short scale strat neck for it, but it's still gonna be Gibson scale.

Comment

Most Jackson / Charvels exchange necks, but not with other brands.

J/C's have a 2 1/4" neck pocket, and a special depth that won't work with other brands.

Agree with the others - get a different guitar. DK2 or a ProMod.

Comment

Vass, Fusion Custom was a model name. It was the one with HSS layout and matching headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            Vass, Fusion Custom was a model name. It was the one with HSS layout and matching headstock.
            Like this...

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82737

Comment

If you go for another axe, a 375 will be the same basic pup/control setup & body shape, but 22 fret 25.5 scale.
              Models
              The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
              I dont need furniture.
              If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
              If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
              And rock that sucker.

Comment

Musikraft can build you a neck with a 2 1/4" neck pocket and a 24.75" scale, I am getting one built now for a 275.
                Last edited by THOMO; 04-17-2010, 08:44 AM.
                Charvel CST 060 1992
                Charvel CST 070 1992
                Charvel CDS 090 1993
                Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                Duesenberg 49er 2012
                Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                History TH-LS Limited 2009
                History SH-LSV 2010