Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Star?

So I'm really wanting a Charvel star, and cant a afford an American

Did they ever make import models, if so how hard are they to come by and whats a fair price range for these?

Thanks

Not to my knowledge. You'd be best off looking for a used USA-made one.

Comment

They made one back in the late 90s that was available only in the Shazam graphic (white with Red-to-Orange Lightning Bolt). It had a reverse headstock, rosewood board, wide 12th fret dot inlays, and s pretend-maple neck. Seriously, you could flex the neck while holding a DMaj with little effort.

Also had a licensed non-recessed Floyd and 2 of the ass-kickinest humbuckers I'd ever heard from an import.

The body was Cedro, I believe, as it crmbled easily when I added a third knob to it.

They show up maybe once a year and there's really no way to judge what they go for "typically", unless you do a 5-year average.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I hate to say it, but I think ESP has a star import (GusG I think).

Or you can build a Warmoth star too.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
          I hate to say it, but I think ESP has a star import (GusG I think).

Or you can build a Warmoth star too.
          ESP has two. The Gus G. which has a few different priced versions, and the Roope Latvala model which is way pricier.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            The body was Cedro, I believe, as it crmbled easily when I added a third knob to it.

They show up maybe once a year and there's really no way to judge what they go for "typically", unless you do a 5-year average.
            Made In India, and about $ 250 - 350 I'd say...

Good luck in your search.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
            X