Model 6 for the 3rd time..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 for the 3rd time..

Well, I've placed my e*** bid on a red model 6. Funny thing is, this will (hopefully) be the 3rd time I've owned this exact same guitar. Originally bought it, used of course, in 2000. Traded it in at a local music store toward an amp (stupid). A few months later I went back to the music store and unbelievably, they still had it, so I bought it back. In 2008 (even dumber), I sold it to fund a USA Jackson. Ever since, out of a ton of guitars I've owned, I've kicked myself in the ass for parting ways with this guitar. Last week it turned up on e*** and even though money is real tight, I put in a really high bid in hopes of getting it back, and not be a dumbass and get rid of it again. Lesson learned on this one. The auction ends tomorrow and I'm praying the bidding does not go sky high on it, although my bid is ridiculously way beyond its value. If all goes well, I'll have some pics posted in the "show your model 6" thread soon. Wish me luck
    Here's a pic I pulled from the auction:
    2 BC Rich USA Gunslinger's-lightning bolt graphic
    BC Rich USA Mockingbird-candy apple red metallic
    BC Rich USA STIII-gray snakeskin
    Ibanez RG770DX-lazer blue
    Kramer Sustainer American-black

There is no such thing as "way beyond it's value". It's value is what it's worth to you. I'm also a little biased since my Model 6 is far and away my favorite of all my guitars.
    My gear
    87 Charvel Model 6
    86 Charvel Model 4
    93 Jackson RR EX
    93 Jackson Kelly STD
    88 Ibanez RG560
    99 Schecter Diamond C-7
    Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

I hear ya. Some things to me are priceless...but what I mean by what I said, I guess it should be taken in the context of way beyond what the current market value of it is based on what they sell for.

Comment

Originally posted by Glave View Post
        There is no such thing as "way beyond it's value".
        That is true. It should read "way beyond its value" Hee hee

Congrats usadk1, maybe we'll have another $1000 Model 6 to discuss!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

hope you get it as of right now there is only one bid on it for $599 with less than 75 mins remaining. Not a bad price for something that is becoming rare like it is.
          "... guitarists shouldn't get too riled up about all of the great players that were left off of 'Rolling Stone Magazines' list of the Greatest Guitar Players of all Time' ... Rolling Stone is published for people who read the magazine because they don't know what to wear ..." - Joe (Sach) Satriani

Comment

Hopefully you get your guitar back! I know what you mean about value to you, this Summer will be 23 years that I've had my Model 6, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. There were a couple times along the way, especially when the RGs/Jems first hit, that I almost sold it but didn't. I am so grateful that I still have it, it just fits like an old glove now.

Funny, we have similiar tastes. My 6 is also red, and I've GAS'ed for a lightning Gunslinger AND snakeskin DK1 (or yellow tiger) at some point. Interesting.........
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Looks like a Model 6 will be showing up in a week or so (pics posted soon)
              I had no intentions of buying another guitar, but this one just had to show up on ebay!
              Well, no more guitars for me for a long time. I'm very happy with my current setup.
              Buying this caused major controversy on the home front, so if I buy any more guitars I'll probably find myself living in a guitar case.
              I have now enacted a personal ban on visiting ebay (except for selling) and forum classifieds to keep the peace because I am a class 1 certified G.A.S. addict. First step to recovery is admittance, right?

Comment

Congrats, that's a great deal on a super-clean Model 6, and especially with your history with it!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I envy you man. Killer you found your old Axe & are getting it back again.
                  Looks sweet.

I had a dinky ripped off back in 92. Had my eye out for it since. No sign. Would love to be able to buy it back.
                  It had an electricity graphic. Not sure what that graphic was called. Not lightning or crackle.
                  Models
                  The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                  I dont need furniture.
                  If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                  If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                  And rock that sucker.

Comment

Thats a nice guitar. Hope you win the auction!
                    1990 Charvel 275DLX
                    1993 Ibanez RG470
                    2005 Ibanez RG7321
                    2007 Ibanez RG120

Comment

congrats, man. What did you end up getting it for?
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

cool color!!
                        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Working...
                        X