Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Dating This Charvel Dinky Custom

Hi all,
    New here and need help getting some information on a Charvel Dinky I have.
    I purchased it from guitar center (used) in Hollywood, Ca. in '91 or '92. At the time, I was told it was a limited Japanese edition (#505 out of 1000 made like this) even though it has the Fort Worth neck plate.
    As for most of us Charvel owners, information pertaining to dates of manufacture, over all value etc. are hard to come by so am seeking help from some of the veterans on this site.
    Thanks in advance!
    Rich

Welcome to the forum. Yes, it's limited... a Model 88. Everything that's got a Fort Worth, Texas neck plate is made in Japan. Forth Worth was just the corporate headquarters of Jackson at one time.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

As for the year of manufacture, they were all made in 1988. The body is made of African ribbon mahogany. Pickup is a Jackson J95. Price is hard to pinpoint on these. I've seen them go for under $500, and I've seen them go for well over $700 when several bidders are after them. Yours looks like it's in great shape, with a couple of mods.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
        As for the year of manufacture, they were all made in 1988. The body is made of African ribbon mahogany. Pickup is a Jackson J95. Price is hard to pinpoint on these. I've seen them go for under $500, and I've seen them go for well over $700 when several bidders are after them. Yours looks like it's in great shape, with a couple of mods.
        It had the EMG-81 and gain switch when I bought it. I replaced the tremolo with a new Floyd pretty much right away. I think I paid under $500 at the time.

Comment

May I suggest dinner and a Movie?
          Sorry... couldn't help myself...
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
          X