Newbie asking about Charvel Imports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie asking about Charvel Imports

Hi, I'm new here, and I've been into the import Charvels recently seeing that they're not over 1K and I'm into the shreding although I can't do that yet. (only been playing about a year and I'm 16 so I'm planning on waiting a bit) But as my name says I don't have a job and short on cash. So I'm wondering what model should I look out for? I'm looking for the early models with the Kahlers on them (no preference I just want to try something different then the more common floyds) don't care if it's bolt-on or Neck Thru either's fine. I'd prefer the full two octaves but I can deal without.

I appologise in advance if I'm in the wrong section.

you should be able to pick up any of the Models 1 through 4 for a couple of hundred. They are all 22 fretters though. If you want 24 frets, you'll have to step up to the neckthru Model 5 or 6 which will cost you more.

Quality-wise, there's no difference between any of them. They just gain features as you head up the number chain. So (in a nutshell) the Model 1 has one humbucker & a trad trem; the Model 2 has one humbucker and a floating trem; Model 3 has a humbucker and two singles and a floating trem; Model 4 is H-S-S, a minitoggle for each pickup, an onboard preamp and floating trem; Model 5 is neckthru with 2 hums; Model 6 is neckthru, H-S-S with preamp, neck binding, etc etc

There are more differences between each model, and more variations within each model (eg Model 1, 1A, 1C) but you get the idea.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

A model 3 or 4 would be a pretty killer setup for you.

I've seen some Model 5's on Ebay for fairly cheap, too. The 6's seem to be selling for a lot of $$ lately, I don't think they're worth it. I mean, a Model 6 is a great guitar, but not $900 great.

Comment

I guess models 2 to 5 I'll be looking for. Thanks.

Comment

If you want the kahlers you will need to find an 86. Since most people hate Kahlers, they go cheaper.

Comment

A fusion will give you 24 frets.Even a Charvette 24 fret if your on a budget.

Comment

Welcome and I wish you luck!

Comment

Originally posted by broken_fusion View Post
                A fusion will give you 24 frets.Even a Charvette 24 fret if your on a budget.
                +1.

A Fusion Deluxe comes with great hardware and pickups, a thin shredder neck, and is typically well below $300.

Comment

Working...
                X