Score! Model 3A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score! Model 3A

I've been on the hunt for one of these for the past year or so. It was one of my first guitars, many many moons ago, and I foolishly got rid of it. Ya know, dumb kid and all. I was hoping to find one in a little better shape and with the grey/silver chainsaw case, but, meh, for the price, eff it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=360185645619

Last edited by KRaZeE; 09-03-2009, 09:41 AM.
    sigpic
    The Family...

Damn, $200 shipped is sinful.

I always think of Model 3's with a pickguard or in a HSS route, not an HH. Very cool axe.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      Damn, $200 shipped is sinful.

I always think of Model 3's with a pickguard or in a HSS route, not an HH. Very cool axe.
      Nah, you wanna know sinful? The first one I had, back in the day, was in pristine shape with the original chainsaw case (with all latches in tact)...bought it from a pawn shop for $80. I'd love to go back in time and slap the shit outta myself for ever getting rid of it.
      sigpic
      The Family...

Comment

nice score. I have a Model 3A (black) it was my first charvel.. still in mint condition too..

Comment

Yeah, I,ve got that same black 3a too. Nice score.

Comment

Holy hell, it showed up today. The scratches are nowhere near as bad as the eBay pics made them out to be (stupid flash) and after taking off that stupid sticker from the back and giving it a quick polish it looks brand spankin new...not even a ding on the headstock point! Now I just have to clean up the scratchy output jack (I seem to remember my old one having the same issue...common? easy fix?) and figure out why the neck pup does not engage when it is the only one selected (works fine in combo with the bridge...*shrug*...loose wire maybe). Man, I'm having some old school Char-gasms here brother! Why, oh why did I ever think it would be a good idea to get rid of this beast. The neck alone is a thing of pure awesomeness. And, yes...pics comin. Alright...now who's got a grey/silver chainsaw case they don't want?

Anybody know where I can get ahold of the proper nut screws for this beast? I recall them being big fat and slotted, not these hex screws.
            Last edited by KRaZeE; 09-10-2009, 09:57 AM.
            sigpic
            The Family...

Comment

Glad to hear the updated good news. Congrats on the great buy.
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

And $50 shipped for a grey/silver chainsaw case! Woohoo! It even has the Charvel logo colored in with black magic marker, which is the same thing I did one day when I was sitting at home bored. How eff'n kewl is that?
                sigpic
                The Family...

Comment

Working...
                X