Dean 84 Modern Zebra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean 84 Modern Zebra

So trying to find a cheap-ish USA KV2 or KE2, but in the meantime, I started emailing dealers seeing if I could get some more expensive guitars for a better price. On of the guys is willing to cut me a deal on a Dean USA 84 Modern Zebra. I'd be able to get it for $500 cheaper than it's street price is. However, If I bought it, I'd miss out on the Jackson. But then again, I'm not going to find one any cheaper.

Has anyone played one? What's their quality like compared to a Jackson/Charvel? How do the feel, sound and play?

• Exotic Zebra Wood Top & Headstock
    • Alder Body
    • 25.5” Scale
    • Bolt-on Maple Neck
    • Ebony Fingerboard
    • Pearl Dot Inlays
    • Grover Tuners
    • Black Hardware
    • Floyd Rose Original Trem. Bridge
    • USA Dean DMT “Baker Act” Bridge Pickup
    • USA Dean DMT “Nostalgia” Neck Pickup
    • Hardshell Case Included
    • Also available in H, H/S, H/H Pickup Configurations

Thats nice looking but nothing compares to a jackson IMO
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

I would suggest to stick to looking for that KE2 or KV2 because even if you get that Dean, you won't be satisfied. Get what you really want instead of substituting that for what's available now. It may be a good deal but it's still not a Kelly or a KV. With patience you will be rewarded.

Also, I have a distinct hate for Dean so bias may be involved in my post.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

i own a dean myself and almost every aspect of it is better than my dk2. but i still like the dk2 much better because i prefer the neck on it. deans necks are bit strange because there very thick and v shaped at the top but they they get thinner towards the bottom, there still comfortable but after owning the dk2 i dont think anything can compare to the feel of a jackson.

Comment

to add to that i hate that dean uses the baker act pickup in there production models that pickup was wound for the head of their usa custom shop, pat baker, its made to his specs and hes not even in a mainstream band so nobody knows how his tone sounds

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
            Thats nice looking but nothing compares to a jackson IMO
            Plenty of guitars do. Suhr Modern any day. ESP although I don't and have never owned one. Rico Jr, Robin - lots of 'em.

But not Deans:ROTF:
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
              So trying to find a cheap-ish USA KV2 or KE2, but in the meantime, I started emailing dealers seeing if I could get some more expensive guitars for a better price. On of the guys is willing to cut me a deal on a Dean USA 84 Modern Zebra. I'd be able to get it for $500 cheaper than it's street price is. However, If I bought it, I'd miss out on the Jackson. But then again, I'm not going to find one any cheaper.

Has anyone played one? What's their quality like compared to a Jackson/Charvel? How do the feel, sound and play?

• Exotic Zebra Wood Top & Headstock
              • Alder Body
              • 25.5” Scale
              • Bolt-on Maple Neck
              • Ebony Fingerboard
              • Pearl Dot Inlays
              • Grover Tuners
              • Black Hardware
              • Floyd Rose Original Trem. Bridge
              • USA Dean DMT “Baker Act” Bridge Pickup
              • USA Dean DMT “Nostalgia” Neck Pickup
              • Hardshell Case Included
              • Also available in H, H/S, H/H Pickup Configurations
              I dunno, that's a nice looking guitar and it has all the right features. The cutaways are deep and the knobs are in a good spot... Not bad.

The problem is that you really have to play that particular guitar before you buy it or else it is pretty much a crapshoot. You may not like the neck, ergonomics, or it could just be a dud. I'm sure that guitar is pretty pricey too.

Comment

Besides, It sounds like you're looking for a V anyways.
                I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Or Kelly*
                  I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
                  X