Gibson Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Explorer

I have a gibson explorer that I am considering tricking out. I want to upgrade to EMG 81/85, a black pick guard, (black toggle of course ) and locking tuners.

My first question is: has anybody here tricked out an explorer before. With pics of course.

Secondly, more of a tech question, but first where do you get the black pickguard, I have just the regular gibson explorer thats for sale on musiciansfriend from around 2004, nothing weird. And since the tuners are pretty small and pretty close together, compared to Jackson ones for example, will all locking tuners fit?
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Check out Chandler for pickguards - they've got templates for everything. Yours came with Grovers, right? Or maybe Grover minis? I think Grover lockers should work.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      Check out Chandler for pickguards - they've got templates for everything. Yours came with Grovers, right? Or maybe Grover minis? I think Grover lockers should work.
      I do know they are made by grover, but not sure if t hey are mini or not, they look like small kidney beans...
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Most grover rotomatics have kidney bean buttons - the regular ones are just bigger. Check Stewmac - they usually have measurements.
        Blank yo!

Comment

the tuners on it aer grover mini rotomatics

Comment

Sperzel locking will fit if you remove the pegs on them. It is easy to do.

Comment

Originally posted by RR666 View Post
              the tuners on it aer grover mini rotomatics
              Mikey dude! I didn't see you posted on that.

Comment

http://pickguards.us/priceexplorer.html

I have just the standard explorer (the one on MF) made in 2005, which one do I buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                  http://pickguards.us/priceexplorer.html

I have just the standard explorer (the one on MF) made in 2005, which one do I buy?
                  Pics?
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Pics of the guitar? I can post some later after work, but I don't see a need. Look on MF to see the ebony explorer (white pickguard, rosewood board). Mine's the EXACT same just from 2005.

Comment

Working...
                    X