Tom Delonge Fender Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Delonge Fender Strat

OK,whether you like Blink 182 or not is here nor there(personally not a big fan myself!) but i just picked up one of these the other day for dirt cheap (under $200 out the door!)and in excellent condition as well and its one of the nicest/ best playin Strats i`ve ever tried. The neck on this is one of the best necks on any guitar i`ve ever had and when i found out these guitars are routed HSH it was icing on the cake. Lightweight,Daphne Blue,hardtail bridge and one of the nicest necks is rapidly making this my favorite guitar. I already have a SSS Strat so i`ll probably leave this one as is.Awesome guitar.Anyone have or had one of these or if you have an opinion i would love to hear what you think. Oh,and someone changed the Duncan Invader pup for a Duncan JB which is A-OK with me! Thanks.

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/1000609..._Must_See_.jpg

Nice score. I keep seeing these, and thinking "maybe" but then I remember they're hardtails.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

That seems like a good price. I've never heard Blink182 either.

But I don't think I'd ever buy a Fender witha rosewood fretboard. I'm stuck on Gibson=Rosewood, Fender=Maple, and Jackson-Ebony

Comment

I've had my eye on the surf green ones. Is yours the Squire version or the MIM version? I'm guessing MIM from the looks of that Invader. Interesting about the routing.

Comment

I have the neck off of a squire version on my pewter H-H strat. Its a really nice neck. I guess it is the MIM version if its routed H-S-H. The squire versions just have the single hum routed under the guard.

Comment

Yes this is the MIM version!!!

Comment

that is indeed a good axe.
              good tone isn't something you learn, its something you develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Killertofu View Post
                that is indeed a good axe.
                Definitely!

Comment

I've always liked the look of those. What size is the fingerboard radius?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Been awhile since I looked at those, but I believe they were 7.25" and therefore not for me.

Comment

Eh, 7.25" won't work for me. 9.5" barely works on my USA Double Fat Hardtail, but it sounds awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        I've always liked the look of those. What size is the fingerboard radius?

Comment

Cool. That works a little better. Does it have jumbo frets or the smaller ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
                            Have you actually measured? It's hard to find info on this, but I found this link that shows it as 7.25".

http://members.fortunecity.com/pigrock/id52.htm

I know nothing about that site, but the specs look like they were pulled from the original Fender specs since it has color codes and so forth.

Whatever the case, it'd be interesting to nail the correct spec down.

Comment

Maybe the radius is different on the USA compared to the MIM and Squire versions?

Comment

Working...
                              X