B.C. Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.C. Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth

How does this guitar hold up to U.S.A Jackson's??
    I know that the Stealth is made in Korea but some Korea made guitars
    are made and play pretty well.
    Anyone own one?

If it's Chucks Schuldiner's sig model Stealth it will be USA made. There were some Import Stealth's. I had an old band mate that had one and he loved it but he was Death fan as am I. It sounded awesome and played great. If you have a line on one they are pretty rare. I'd snag it.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
      If it's Chucks Schuldiner's sig model Stealth it will be USA made. There were some Import Stealth's. I had an old band mate that had one and he loved it but he was Death fan as am I. It sounded awesome and played great. If you have a line on one they are pretty rare. I'd snag it.

No, actually they have a custom shop model, and an import model. They are both Chuck sig models, just different quality.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I played the import model a few weeks back. Seems overpriced but it was a solid, well built guitar. I'm not a fan of X2Ns but that's personal preference. I would say it's worth checking out if its something that interests you.

Comment

I played the current import Stealth (briefly) at NAMM earlier this year, same one Rupe played. It is made in China, but I like the high end features (neck through, ebony board). I think the MSRP is $ 899, with a small portion going to Chuck's estate.

http://www.bcrich.com/stealth.html

I'd like to have one, but I won't pay for a new one - I'll wait for a used one. I see 'em on eBay in the $ 700 - 750 range.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            It is made in China, but I like the high end features (neck through, ebony board).
            Korea man, Korea.

Because I'm a snob, I'd much rather have the real deal. And I have to say, just like the imports the CS guitars are coming down in price. Obviously they're not coming down to the import levels but there are deals to be had, if you seek them out.
            Last edited by Sanctuary; 09-14-2009, 03:36 AM.
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

That is really interesting, Sanctuary - the one I played at NAMM definitely had Made In China on it...maybe they got too many complaints and switched production to Korea?

Anyways, thanks for the great news!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

there not rare you can google it and find 4 different stores sellin em

Comment

They didn't make one for YEARS and started makin em again AFTER Chuck Schuldiner died. They were a custom shop only guitar for years. They made one in a NJ series stealth in the 80s, early 90s.
                  It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                    They didn't make one for YEARS and started makin em again AFTER Chuck Schuldiner died. They were a custom shop only guitar for years. They made one in a NJ series stealth in the 80s, early 90s.
                    Absolutely. Plus both versions are inaccurate if you compare Chuck's original guitar (wood, bridge, inlays etc.).
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                    X