Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD (Agile content... yeah I know not popular)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD (Agile content... yeah I know not popular)

So i took some pictures of my agiles. The AL-2000 GT got here Tuesday. I thought it had a slight twist in the neck, doesn't seem to be the case so. Fun player.

Also I got my Intrepid 8 String Pro Friday And for good measure my AL-3100 Birds eye maple in HSB.

Headstocks

AL-3100

AL-2000 GT

The Three Amigos

Intrepid 8 String Pro

I will take some outside shots later today when i'm done with my domestic duties
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

that 8 is insane, and my tiny hands couldnt play it, seven strings are just too much for me

Comment

Awesome axes - if they did a 6-string version of the Intrepid I'd be all over it.
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I have no problem with Agiles. The build quality is very good. Quite possibly some of the best MIK guitars out there for price vs quality.
        You have a nice set of them.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
          Awesome axes - if they did a 6-string version of the Intrepid I'd be all over it.
          There's a lot of people asking for them, i would imagine there'll be one in the not so distant future. I am digging the 8 string a lot.

that gold top is a 2000 series, i should have spent the extra on the 3000-3100 version. i'll be the pickups in that one. they just lack oomph

Comment

Awesome guitars, Agile makes some killer guitars. I just ordered a Hornet Pro 725 myself, im conting the days.
            How does the AL-2000 compare to your AL-3100 as far a quality and playability?
            My Childrens
            -------------
            Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
            Lefty RR1T trans black
            Lefty Sl2HT trans black
            Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeholdTheFallen View Post
              Awesome guitars, Agile makes some killer guitars. I just ordered a Hornet Pro 725 myself, im conting the days.
              How does the AL-2000 compare to your AL-3100 as far a quality and playability?
              The 2000 is alright. I'm going to give it to my brother who's a beginner. the fit and finish were great on it. the pickups are weak as hell. I actually bought it as a modding platform, i wanted to mess around with some of the guitar fetish pickups. so for that it'll be great. I'm sure with better pickups it'll sound really good. but right out of the box the 3100 is far superior. As far as over all quality the 2000 still beats anything epiphone puts out

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                The 2000 is alright. I'm going to give it to my brother who's a beginner. the fit and finish were great on it. the pickups are weak as hell. I actually bought it as a modding platform, i wanted to mess around with some of the guitar fetish pickups. so for that it'll be great. I'm sure with better pickups it'll sound really good. but right out of the box the 3100 is far superior. As far as over all quality the 2000 still beats anything epiphone puts out
                Can't be an Agile for the Price and Quality.. However with the popularity the prices have increased slightly..

Lets see you get a Mahogany Body with 3/4" maple cap for 500.00 new from Epiphone.. or sometimes have a choice of neck thickness.

What a beautiful guitar for 399.99 and it's double bound... This would be a "custom" if Epiphone sold it.

2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

I was gonna put an order for a v with the same wood/neck/headstock/finish as a intrepid 8string but in a 7string version wich would of been praticly full custom but had a super deal on a kevin bond jackson so I dropped the idea.but god I want one of those intrepids! such a good looking guitar and im just dreaming about chugging on that big 8th string. Looks like you have great taste in guitars man congrats!
                  I wonder what it feels like to have money...

...ahhh fuck it guitars are better!

Comment

I may have to look into getting one of those 8s. They're so nice!
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

400 bucks?! dang man. how do they do that and still make it good?
                      good tone isn't something you learn, its something you develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Killertofu View Post
                        400 bucks?! dang man. how do they do that and still make it good?
                        1. Korean Manufacture.
                        2. No Name brand. (no markup)
                        3. Generic Electronics. (easily replaceable)
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                          1. Korean Manufacture.
                          2. No Name brand. (no markup)
                          3. Generic Electronics. (easily replaceable)
                          Actually some come with EMG's and Seymour Duncan pickups.

On the 3#00 series it's all pretty high end electronics as well. the pickups in mine scream. Not so much on the 2000 series though, I just pulled out the pickups and will probably also change out the pots and the selector switch (mostly because i bought this one to mod anyway)

who makes the really good tone and volume pots? I think I asked before and someone sent me a link to one that was already mostly pre-soldered etc.

Comment

Agiles are nice. I have a LP style with a Floyd. I turned it into a "Schon" with a Fernandez Sustainer in it.
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                              Who makes the really good tone and volume pots? I think I asked before and someone sent me a link to one that was already mostly pre-soldered etc.
                              Get CTS pots they are the best.
                              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                              X