1980 Rico Mockingbird (Pre Lawsuit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 Rico Mockingbird (Pre Lawsuit)

So a local store says they have one of these (made in Japan for import to the US). I guess this was before the lawsuit for the name Rico. Does anyone know what an expected price for something like this would be? I think Im interested. Been wanting a BC Rich for a while but I cant afford any of the US stuff now and Im generally skepitcal of the Korean made stuff (though anyone who can school me on it, I would appreciate it).

Not sure about the lawsuit stuff you mentioned but is it a bolt-on or neck thru?
    It looks to have the split/in and out of phase electronics so it shoud be a very well made guitar.
    Some Korean Rich's are very good.I have an 87 ironbird bolt-on that is Korean and I love it.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

how much are they asking?

On the right day, I guess that could easily go for upwards of $600.

try the guys at http://www.bcrichplayers.com, they'll have the answer you're looking for

Comment

I think its neck thru. Made in Nagoya, Japan.

Imma call today and see how much they want for it then try to swing by and give it a whirl.

Also, thanks for the link to that BC Rich forum. I registering!

Comment

looks to be redone nice guitars usually in the 400-800 range depending on options condition. bridge & tuners look to be changed, electronics may have also been added. nice old BL pups.

Comment

That is one of the 1st MIJ Rich's they are very close to a USA.

Comment

They are asking $995.00

Comment

A bit steep if it is refinished.Should be a great guitar tho'
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                X