I Just Could Not Resist This Exotic Hamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Just Could Not Resist This Exotic Hamer

1986 TLE. Ebony Board - Hamer did not make very many ebony boards.

Yeah has the Boomers! A Tele with a Floyd and 24 Frets !!!

Has the Hamer Slammer pups handwired by Seymour Duncan himself.

There is a paint surface crack behind the nut which I am going to have fixed. Nothing structurally wrong there.

Did I mention it is a 24 fret Tele?

Has a wide flat shredder neck.

Coming in from England - I don't have it yet. Here are the pics...

PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Are you sure that's a paint crack?

If so, then great score. Looks terrific.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Yeah the guy I am buying it from is an old Hamer Forum member and a picky SOB at that.
      A neck crack would run in another direction past both bolts. I have more pics of the crack and its just surface. Still will cost me to fix it though.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

To the right of the left nut bolt (does that make sense?) you can see that the finish has stress checking. It probably got tweeked pretty good but the pictures look as though it was just surface damage. Nice score.

Comment

I use to own one just like that years ago minus the crack at the nut bolts. Don`t forget they are 24.75 scale length also I only sold mine because the neck was way too thin and too many pickups

Comment

A friend of mine here in Georgia had one just like that. He sold it on eBay a few months ago. I think the buyer was in Russia. He let me borrow it for a few weeks a few years ago. I absolutely loved that guitar. Congrats!
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Nice! Can't go wrong with a Hamer.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

very cool.....love the bomerrang inlays
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Slayer: A few were made with long scale lengths - 25.5" and this is one of them.
                  This is a very rare one. Most came with Kahlers - very few came with Floyds. This one does have a Floyd.
                  That's why I jumped on this one. You just don't find these around.

I also have scheduled a repair. The guy I am buying it from knows JEM at Nocturne guitars. JEM does guitar repairs as well as custom building so he is going to repair the paint crack. JEM told me he has seen this guitar in the shop and it is only a surface repair that needs to be done. Nothing structurally wrong with the neck at all.
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

That's a killer TLE. Saw your post on the Hamer board as well. Congrats on that one. But the Slammer pickups were wound by DiMarzio, were they not?

Comment

Hm..... I thought it was Duncan but I am not sure.

Some people like them some don't. It will be interesting to hear them. If I don't I probably will be getting some Cool Rails and I don't know what in the bridge.
                      Maybe a WB Custom of some kind. That is the brand I have in my custom guitars.

I don't have this guitar yet cause the builder at Nocturne is fixing it for me. He is very familiar with this guitar and confirmed there was nothing structurally wrong with it. He has to match the paint color which could be difficult.

Anyway some people claim these have the best necks of the Hamer shredders. This one is one of the few that has a 1-11/16" nut. Most are 1-5/8" which is a bit small to my liking.
                      Last edited by shredmonster; 08-10-2009, 11:29 AM.
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

thats a killer Hamer tele, congratulations!
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                        X