Hey Sully and other guitar builders - a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Sully and other guitar builders - a question

Does the direction of the grain have any affect at all on the tone or sustain on a guitar?

The reason I ask is I am used to seeing pictures of guitars with the grain going the length of the body. I just saw a pic of a guitar where the grain was diagonal.

My honest guess is this would have no affect on the sound, sustain etc And even if it did, it probably isn’t enough that 99% of the people on the planet would even noticed - but it looked like an oddity to me, so I thought I would ask. I'm used to hearing how every single thing on the planet affects the tone, etc, so.. I'm asking
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

wow thats wierd im guessing it would the diagonal grain should slow the sound resonation down wat model guitar was it
    that has to look awful though any pics?

Comment

As long as you hold the guitar so that the wood grain is parallel with the floor, you would be OK. With the grain parallel with the floor no tone change would occur. You might have to be a contortionist is play the guitar however.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Honestly, I highly doubt anyone would notice a difference. Sounds like it needed to be painted a solid color!

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
        X