Another Les Paul Follows me Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Les Paul Follows me Home

I don't know why this keeps happening... 1972 Les Paul Custom in about 8.5 out of 10 condition. The neck is 60's profile and the guitar weighs over 10 pounds. The action is super low with no buzz. Not sure if it's a keeper, but it does look cool.

Looks great to me - black LPCs with exposed coils look awesome!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

nice custom classic i think thats what that is called!
      '86 Charvel Model 4 Cobalt Blue
      '08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
      '05 Gibson Les Paul Standard in root beer
      '00 Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black
      '97 Epiphone Les Paul Trans Black quilt ( LE )
      Custom made/built by me strat with tex-mex pick up's
      Orange Tiny Terror
      Egnater Tweaker
      Carvin 2x12 cab with v30's

Comment

Custom classic is what they call the new ones.Looks like it has Hoveland caps in it.
        Pots have been changed thats good.Really sloppy wiring job but as long as it works who's going to know.I think the neck binding is newer just too white, it could have been scraped recently too.
        Love the Norlin L.P's good score.Should have a maple neck too does it?
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

A good candidate for a John Sykes makeover!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Custom classic is what they call the new ones.Looks like it has Hoveland caps in it.
            Pots have been changed thats good.Really sloppy wiring job but as long as it works who's going to know.I think the neck binding is newer just too white, it could have been scraped recently too.
            Love the Norlin L.P's good score.Should have a maple neck too does it?
            3 piece mahogany neck, the pots look like they've been swapped out, the hardware definitely isn't stock (may restore), pickups not original and it's been refretted. Cool piece of history anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
              3 piece mahogany neck, the pots look like they've been swapped out, the hardware definitely isn't stock (may restore), pickups not original and it's been refretted. Cool piece of history anyway.
              The refret is probably why the front of the binding looks so white. It appears the fret end binding is gone, correct? Whoever did the refret probably sanded the board. Still, a very cool old Custom.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Uh oh... You just made me sad that I got rid of my '78.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Not a Custom Classic - that has traps and the flowerpot inlay.

This is bitchin'. Awesome score.
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                    The refret is probably why the front of the binding looks so white. It appears the fret end binding is gone, correct? Whoever did the refret probably sanded the board. Still, a very cool old Custom.
                    The binding is there - it's just rounded and you don't see it from that angle.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
                      The binding is there - it's just rounded and you don't see it from that angle.
                      Hi rocker. This is my first post let alone a reply.But I just wanted to know how much did you drop on that LP raw you had last month.. You must be in the money buying Lesters like there candy.

Comment

Hey justpickin - that particular Lester is gone. I go thru like nothing as I always strive to find the best one. Getting a good deal always helps, especially if I can turn a profit. I answered you in the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                          Not a Custom Classic - that has traps and the flowerpot inlay.

This is bitchin'. Awesome score.

you sir are right... i didnt even look for that flowerpot inlay... good call
                          '86 Charvel Model 4 Cobalt Blue
                          '08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
                          '05 Gibson Les Paul Standard in root beer
                          '00 Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black
                          '97 Epiphone Les Paul Trans Black quilt ( LE )
                          Custom made/built by me strat with tex-mex pick up's
                          Orange Tiny Terror
                          Egnater Tweaker
                          Carvin 2x12 cab with v30's

Comment

Getting a good deal always helps, especially if I can turn a profit. I answered you in the other thread.

I didn't see your response in the other post but I hope you snagged it at a good price. You should have kept it , "refin it" since you do that aswell. Their hard to come by..Just my 2cents.

Comment

Looks like a crack on the back of the headstock where the tuners are?

Comment

Working...
                              X