NGD: Padauk N4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Padauk N4

Just got this, after years of wanting one. Man, I am loving this guitar. I wish I would've bought one years ago. They don't have any to try in my area, which slowed me down considerably. One piece, Padauk body, signed by Nuno. I am in love. If you (like me) have been thinking of getting one of these, do it.

I like the cutaway in the back.
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Sweet! I love the Paduak version!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Its also really cool how there are multiple strap buttons
        Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
          Its also really cool how there are multiple strap buttons
          yep, there are two of them

that is very sexy. I like my N2 - I'd love your N4
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            yep, there are two of them
            I think he got them confused with the neck bolts

Looks like a great guitar, I bet it plays like heaven
            As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

Sweet great find I miss the one I had.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftyzrule580 View Post
                I think he got them confused with the neck bolts

Looks like a great guitar, I bet it plays like heaven
                Ya that was it I thought that was so cool should have payed attention
                Jackson Shred

Comment

I've had one too, but I had to sell it because of those dead spots around the 12th fret.

Since then I've played maybe 20 more, alder, ash, paduak, those aged ones, and yet every single N4 had the same problem, very noticeable dead (or dull) spots around the 10th to 14th fret, mostly on the G string.

This led me to think that it is a structural design issue of the Stephen's Extended Cutaway neck joint which, being very thin, perhaps creates some strange resonance in that area.
                  I've discussed this with some guitar techs and most seem to agree, they suggested that many guitars with a very thin neck joint have this issue, like the Parker fly for instance.

Does yours have the same problem?

Comment

Not that I've noticed, but I'll pay attention to that area the next time I play it.

Comment

I've always thought that neck joint was very clever and cool. The only thing that I don't like about these guitars is the body is just wee.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                      X