TTM guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTM guitars

Anyone familiar with these? I saw LA guns the other night and Stacey Blades was playing one.looks like he has a sig model. hot looking guitars and his tone was real tight. Was running a TTM Devastator through a few Boss pedal and straight into a JCM 900. sounded killer and it was a crap theater,no fancy sound.
    Last edited by broken_fusion; 07-28-2009, 01:56 PM.

I've wondered about them myself. Some of them look pretty cool, but their Vs look totally jacked. Be sure to post some pics and a full review when you get it.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Almost looks like a gunslinger
      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

None of their other models do anything for me. I love the look of the Devastators though. Prices are not out of line for a made in USA Axe with a lifetime warranty.Not crazy about the Licensed Floyd.

Comment

They look like nice guitars but the headstock is kind of stabbed poo-esque.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

From what I had read on another forum, they are MIC parts that are assembled in America.
            It's not a problem unless someone is misrepresenting it to you.

If it's priced right, give it a shot.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Well when it says 'USA custom built' in big letters on the headstock, it better be made in the fuckin USA. Not assembled from imported shit parts in the USA. The photos i have seen look like there shop/showroom is more like a rented office space.
              To many bad reviews and shady stories for me. I talked to Stacey from LA Guns and he told me his guitars are awesome. I'm sure he got the cream of the crop though. I saw some pics of some nasty fretwork on another forum. I was just kinda jonesin' for a reverse headstock with a quilt top.I think I could pick up a nice import Jackson for the five bills or so these are going for and have a better guitar.
              Last edited by broken_fusion; 07-28-2009, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Looks like a nice guitar.

Comment

access to the upper frets looks painful.

Comment

There is a dealer for them here in phoenix. They were certainly marketed as a USA guitar, but it felt like a Imported guitar to me. Import-its? Not necessarily a bad thing, but there are much better guitars out there for the money... IMO...
                    The dealer told me the initials stand for "taller than midgets". Swear to god...
                    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I've heard very mixed things about them. A few guys on the HCEG won them in a giveaway. The consensus was that after a good setup and fret job they were fine, but the USA Charvel's had them beat. I've seen a few dealers selling them for well under MAP.

Comment

They go for 4-or 5 hundred on Ebay. The sig model is like $1579. Get real. $1579 and it comes with a licensed Floyd? I read the Floyds were pure shit.The saddles are sharp and break strings and the locking nuts were so soft they stripped after a few times. Also 'Floyd Rose' was spelled wrong
                        Yes they have that Taller than midgets thing on their website. Hard to take a company like that seriously. Also read where a bill of lading surfaced showing the bodies being shipped from overseas. So their big selling point(USA Custom Made sounds like BS. Also read that the veneers are photos and not real wood.The more I look, the more this company looks like a mess. Have a look.
                        http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sta...t-hide-it.html
                        I'll take an import Jackson for that money.

Comment

Working...
                        X