Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter diamond series

Hello!
    Quick question, if anyone knows. I ran across a Schecter diamond series guitar over the weekend. Not sure of the model. Seemed to be in good condition. Guy wanted 150 for it, I think I could talk him down to about 100. He was spouting some crap about the awesome pickups and stuff. It had seymore Duncan humbuckers. Again, not sure of their model. Figured they were prolly factory tho. Does anyone know anything about the diamond series? Is it like the economical cheapened down version, or are they decent guitars? Any and all help greatly appreciated.

I had a c+ great guitar. alot of them come with duncan designed pickups. I like them some hate them.
    sounds like a good price if it's good condition.
    All the schecter imports I think are diamond series.

Comment

Yep the Diamond Series is their import line, however I think their only non-imports these days are custom shop.

Good quality guitars for the price. I find them a bit heavy and their necks a bit thick. They range about $400-$800 new, depending on the model.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/
      Scott

Comment

I got a Tempest Custom, which is also a part of their "Diamond Series" line.

And yeah- all the Schecters are imports except for their custom shop guitars. However, don't let that dissuade you, as they're pretty good guitars. I WOULD be weary of the fact they just moved some of their manufacturing to China though (gee... whadda surprise), as some out there are saying that the quality is questionable.

Comment

Yes don't let the import thing scare you, Schecter is owned by ESP so for imported guitars the quality is great. I have a S-1 Blackjack and it's easily my favourite guitar. Most of the Blackjack series guitars have Duncans in them, usually a JB and a 59.

Comment

Yes don't let the import thing scare you, Schecter is owned by ESP so for imported guitars the quality is great
            same parent company. The guitars are made at different factories.

Comment

I have a C-1 Classic, great guitar.

I have tried some other Schecter in stores, and they felt kinda meh...
              So just like every manufacturer, they make some really good ones (like my C-1 Classic) and some mediocre ones.

- Leo.

Comment

i had a Hellraiser, really good guitar, very well equipped (grovers, tusq nut, EMG's, tone pros bridge) but the neck is what ruins them IMO, thats why i sold mine... i got tired of that baseball bat neck =(
                "i dont need to pick the strings... i SCREAM at them!"
                http://www.myspace.com/velkansolo

Comment

Actually, the neck on my Tempest isn't all all that big, at least compared to the neck on my Yamaha AES-620HB, which has got a HUGE neck (not that I mind that per se, as I've got some HUGE hands). The body on my Tempest is pretty heavy, though- it's easily on-par with a heavier Les Paul-style body.

Comment

Working...
                  X