Gibson to make a Rhoads sig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeholdTheFallen View Post
    what? I'd love/hate to see that, got any pics? just in case I ever need to throw up.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

That looks more like a refined version of Eddie's "Shark" (I wonder where this one got it's "Shark Fin" name? ) than it does a Warrior copy. Its just an Explorer with a bite taken out of it.

Comment

Gibson: "There's more milk in that reissue teat yet!"

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          No clue. This site has him with a Dean V and an ML (or maybe it's one of those Z Explorers).
          http://home.flash.net/~ulknatme/guitars.htm
          On the Dean site it was a back picture, and it was an ML.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
            I had heard that the one pic that is out there of him playing a Dean (are there any more pics) was when he sat in with another band...it wasn't his. Not sure if that's true or not.
            thought it was a QR reunion, and that was a borrowed Dean.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              I had heard that they didn't get enough Pau Ferro in time when it first went to production. But that's 20 years ago, so who knows.

I would question - if he didn't spec Pau Ferro, why did they put it on?
              They used necks that were in Stock, I have a First year SRV and the Serial is dated an 89, (SE911XXX)which we know isn't correct, Plays like butter though Prolly my fav to play out of many..

Comment

How is a Les Paul a signature for Randy?

His Signature was a White with Gold Pinstripe Concorde/ Rhoads if anything, A Les Paul custom is a production model, NOT A SIGNATURE
                Gear

Jackson DXMG
                Jackson JS30RR
                Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                Blackstar HT5H
                Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                Marshall JCM 800 2203
                Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

On the 3PU black LP pictured above, the story I had heard was that it was the photographer's guitar, and Randy just posed with it for the photo shoot because he didn't have any of his own guitars with him at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    On the 3PU black LP pictured above, the story I had heard was that it was the photographer's guitar, and Randy just posed with it for the photo shoot because he didn't have any of his own guitars with him at the time.
                    Not true, it was Randy's. There are old interviews where he talked about it.

Sully, I never heard the QR reunion thing but it makes sense.

Comment

yeah, there was a couple QR reunion shows when randy was in town (i think between blizzard and diary)

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                        How is a Les Paul a signature for Randy?

His Signature was a White with Gold Pinstripe Concorde/ Rhoads if anything, A Les Paul custom is a production model, NOT A SIGNATURE
                        Les Paul will be bummed to hear that! :ROTF:

Seriously, though, they've put out a Jimmy Page Les Paul, a Joe Perry Les Paul, a Slash Les Paul, Zakk Wylde Les Paul, etc... and he played that Les Paul Custom a lot more than he played the Jackson Rhoads when it comes down to it.

I do find it a little cheesy in that he never signed a deal with Gibson to do a sig line, but the same applied to the Rhoads Marshall and that is selling, so why shouldn't Gibson do the same? As long as Randy's mom is getting paid I guess I'm fine with it.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                          Les Paul will be bummed to hear that! :ROTF:

Seriously, though, they've put out a Jimmy Page Les Paul, a Joe Perry Les Paul, a Slash Les Paul, Zakk Wylde Les Paul, etc... and he played that Les Paul Custom a lot more than he played the Jackson Rhoads when it comes down to it.

I do find it a little cheesy in that he never signed a deal with Gibson to do a sig line, but the same applied to the Rhoads Marshall and that is selling, so why shouldn't Gibson do the same? As long as Randy's mom is getting paid I guess I'm fine with it.
                          If it's true to him or his model then I'm good with it.

Comment

Working...
                          X