Tele mutt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele mutt

Had this old tele laying around made by a local luthier and bluegrass picker Hank Clubb(Kentuckian guitars).The neck had worn down so much from playing it couldn't be re-fretted any more so I chopped the end off a 21 fret generic strat neck widened the neck pocket just a hair and put it together.
    Installed an rs upgrade kit (vintage) some Grover tuners and have a really sweet playing tele now.Bridge pickup is a 60's Fender,neck pick up is 70's Fender.Lots of quack and bite.
    Need to age the neck a little like rolling the fingerboard edges and removing some finish here and there so here it is an 11 lb monster.
    Hank passed away a couple of years ago and I always held on to this tele for sentimental reasons, so now I can play it again and remember the good times.
    [/IMG]
    Last edited by straycat; 07-05-2009, 12:32 AM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Well it has a new more traditional tele look now.
    Nice Mighty Mite birdseye neck,Klusen vintage tuners and a 60's Strat pickup in the neck.
    Sounds pretty damn good too.Just couldn't hack the std neck pickup at all.
    Going to try a Gretsch lap steel pickup in the neck soon to see what that sounds like.
    [/IMG]

Comment

Nice!

Comment

cool and much better, don't like a strat neck on a tele body.

I have Tim's korina coming my way.

Comment

cool! i have another tele project in the works.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I am on the lookout for an ash tele body this body is just too heavy IMO.
            Its sounds great but I think ash would be much better tone wise.

Comment

Working...
            X