X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
    Boing! I just made a stain.

Nice one there Bro.
    Probably looks like the one I made when he sent me the pics! Thanks for checking it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
      I've noticed you like those inlays. What are they called?
      I DO like them actually! I have an endorsement with Mammoth guitars. The deal is he will make me basically ANY style body but I have to use his head stocks and inlays. He calls those the "Tusk" inlay. A play off the Mammoth name.

Comment

After seeing them on your other guitar and this one I thought they were supposed to be broken frets.

Comment

That's fucking awesome! I'm not a big fan of the V shape any more, but that thing is stunning. Nice headstock.
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
            After seeing them on your other guitar and this one I thought they were supposed to be broken frets.
            Yeah, I can see that.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
              That's fucking awesome! I'm not a big fan of the V shape any more, but that thing is stunning. Nice headstock.
              Thanks man. He'll send more pics when the stain is on. I will post them when he does. I like the headstock as well. Kind of BC Rich'ish (he worked for them for quite a while back in the day).

One thing I love is the access to the higher frets. I loved my KV2X but always found myself adjusting my hand position to get to the higher frets during leads. This guitar should not have that problem. I sent him some pics of the Kerry King V and the Carvin Ultra V for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                Just noticed the Venture avatar!

Comment

That's a sweet hunk of tree. I can't believe he still hasn't updated the website tho, at least they've put some stuff up on myspace.
                  |My CSG gallery|
                  (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
                    That's a sweet hunk of tree. I can't believe he still hasn't updated the website tho, at least they've put some stuff up on myspace.
                    Thanks brother. I hear you about the website. I have been throwing around the idea of doing a new one for him. I may just put one together and host it somewhere as a fan site an if he likes it have it switch over.

He builds great stuff. I think a revised site would definitely serve him well.

Comment

that thing looks awesome! great shape, that headstock looks better than a B.C. and those inlays are killer
                      My Childrens
                      -------------
                      Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
                      Lefty RR1T trans black
                      Lefty Sl2HT trans black
                      Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeholdTheFallen View Post
                        that thing looks awesome! great shape, that headstock looks better than a B.C. and those inlays are killer
                        Hey thanks a lot. I highly recommend Ron and Mammoth for anyone looking to get a custom built guitar. He is EXTREMELY reasonable.

www.officialmammothguitars.com
                        www.myspace.com/mammothusa

Comment

Working...
                        X