ESP Eclipse II - Any one played?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Eclipse II - Any one played?

I fell in love with the look of this at a Queensryche gig recently. When I started playing I hated the Gibson look the Les Paul and the SG but as years passed and I matured and mellowed I accepted there was more than my prefered shredder Jackson style body but still was not digging them a lot but the Eclipse II especially in Velvet Black wow. I am smaller build and so was teh new guitarist and the body size was perfect. I am gonna try andplay one tomorrw see how they feel. I ove my Charvels and Jacksons but have always been impressed by ESP.

Any one had a chance to play one or owb one and any comments?

I like teh non trem model, I always figured I would want a trem but I use it less and less and less so hey why not have one with out.

I am the same way , esp's are great guitars and i like the eclipse more than the les paul , it has the les paul look but with a slimmer neck and larger frets so its cool for shredders. Plus i love the finishes

Comment

Yeah the finish is just great looking.

Comment

I don't know if I'd ever buy anything with less than 24 frets, but ESP just announced an Eclipse 2 with a Floyd Rose. This certainly has my attention.

Comment

Well they were out of the Eclipse but I played the LTD - EC-1000 and wow it plays great very similar feel to my Charvel neck maybe a little faster and awesome sound. Guess it also helped I tested a Line 6 M13 unit with it. I want a chance to compare the Eclipse against this but doubt I will feel the nearly $800 difference, this thing was sweet.

Oh and 24 frets

Comment

i feel like the look, features, and vibe are like a modernized Les Paul, but it's a completely different animal (in a great way).

Love 'em.

Comment

Working...
            X