Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD - or, I really gotta stop doing this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - or, I really gotta stop doing this...

Well I was perusing Craigslist over the weekend and saw an ad for a 2005 Les Paul Standard Raw last night. The ad was placed in the morning, so I figured it must have been sold. I shoot a quickie email and said, if it's still available, give me a buzz. Well, I got a buzz and got the guitar today.

The guitar is in really excellent condition, and the Raw model is kind of a Standard Faded model minus the color. You can feel the grain on the wood. One of the previous owners decided to stain the guitar reddish mahogany and the back black. It looks ok - the finish is super smooth. It comes stock with EMG's and Grovers. I think it's time to start selling off some other stuff to support this habit...

Pictures, Pictures, pictures....

Needs some of those fancy new chromed EMG's.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice grab Pete. She looks good.
      Strat God Music
      http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Cool ax. Is that one chambered?

Comment

I just sold my Raw Power (2000) and honestly, it was the "hottest" LP I've ever played. Nice score, but the previous owner really boogered up a great looking guitar. The original "raw" maple caps were awesome.
          "POOP"

Comment

[QUOTE=lhrocker;1248866]Well I was perusing Craigslist over the weekend and saw an ad for a 2005 Les Paul Standard Raw last night. The ad was placed in the morning, so I figured it must have been sold. I shoot a quickie email and said, if it's still available, give me a buzz. Well, I got a buzz and got the guitar today.

The guitar is in really excellent condition, and the Raw model is kind of a Standard Faded model minus the color. You can feel the grain on the wood. One of the previous owners decided to stain the guitar reddish mahogany and the back black. It looks ok - the finish is super smooth. It comes stock with EMG's and Grovers. I think it's time to start selling off some other stuff to support this habit...

Pictures, Pictures, pictures....

Nice
            Nice guitar dude. If I can ask, how much did it set you back for?
            I personally love EMG's. To each is own I guess.

Comment

Since I don't have it anymore, sure I can tell you. It was $1000 - mostly because of the lousy finish. The neck also had a slight twist. I sold it for.... $1000. Hated the EMG's on the LP. Funny, cause I used to have EMG's on all of my other guitars.

Comment

Working...
              X