• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suhr guitars, worth the price?

Discuss? Tell me out of it??? Or should I risk the temptation? :think:
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

I had a shot at an older Suhr strat used for cheap at GC. Played it in the store from open til close that day. I walked away from the deal and still regret it.
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Totally worth it.
      One of the best guitars out there, top five for SURE.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

YES!!!!
        Just YES!!!
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Sure thing, they are very nice. If I hadn´t stumbled across my used Anderson a couple of weeks ago I probably would have gone with a Suhr. Top notch stuff and extremely good QC.

Are you looking at a custom or a Pro?

Comment

There is no better bolt-on solid body guitar than Suhr.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the comments.

I was in a local shop that was clearing some of its inventory. Got the wife's approval. But I'm not decided yet to spend so much money on a piece of wood with steel strings!

I bet those guitars keep a good resale value?
              JB aka BenoA

Comment

Check out a Grosh, too, if you get the chance. Both are very nice guitars.
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
                  Are you looking at a custom or a Pro?
                  Among the ones they were clearing, I tried a "Standard" like this one:

Played nicely, felt very confortable but IMO, a bit expensive for my family man budget.
                  JB aka BenoA

Comment

Yeah, his custom models are a bit expensive. Still worth every buck, though, and if you don´t mind fixed specs the Pro models are equally good and great values. On the other hand, if they are clearing out customs I suspect they might not be much more expensive than the Pro´s.

Comment

I'm saving for a Modern. Fallen in love with these guitars, especially the Modern and Modern carve top.
                      All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Ask

Ask Pete from The Absence (aka ihave27frets). He switched from a Caparison endorsement to an Ibanez endorsement to playing Suhr. He loves'em...

Comment

Well, I did not make the jump and will pass for this time. I understand that these guitars may worth it but I could not justify spending so much money on a guitar.
                          JB aka BenoA

Comment

What is so great about them? I've heard of Suhr, but don't know the history or what makes them so special.

Comment

He was a Fender Masterbuilder and has built the original Pensa-Suhr guitars.
                              Went into business for himself and makes some wonderful product. Fit and finish is top notch, customer service is great.

The company is about where PRS was in 89-90 before they broke big.
                              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                              X