Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud n' Proud - Warmoth V2 (RR Style)

Here's the latest build.

This is a swamp ash V2 with a quilt maple top finished in bengal burst, with a trans yellow back. The neck is padouk with a canary fingerboard and a quilt veneer on the headstock finished in matching bengal burst.

The pup is a Seymour Invader, OFR, and the control is a push pull pot which is a tone control and an on/off switch. Tuners are Schaller locking minis and the frets 6100. The neck is a 24 3/4 scale 24 fret.

The pics are without strings, since my guitar guy throws them on the guitar when he does his magic with the fret dressing and setup.

Pics:

Last edited by DocNrock; 05-02-2009, 11:45 AM.
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

That's a keeper! EXCELLENT!
    "POOP"

Comment

Beautiful guitar - does the neck have the extended fingerboard?

Comment

Wow. Just wow!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Man Warmoth do some GORGEOUS finishes...
          From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Awesome job Doc! Great features. I like the colors. I have 3 versions of the Blackmore Strats coming together. It always happens, I intend to build one and it turns out to be three with all the experimenting that takes place. I've got some long lead items I waiting for, particularily the scalloped Rosewood/Maple neck Dean Cascione is doing for me right now. He does awesome work.
            One will be a Ash Sunburst with maple neck from the '73 tour, and a Oly white Alder version from the '93 reunion of DP Mk II tour with Lace Sensors minus the ancient Roland Synth pickup, and a natural finish Ash from his stock pile that didn't get destroyed yet.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

That finish is fucking awesome bro! i'm jealous
              "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Nice! That is a badass geetar......................
                Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

damn, that's an interesting build! Nice work
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Lhrocker, since it is a 24 3/4 inch scale, this is the real 24 fret deal, not a 3 fret overhang.

Bengal65, thanks. Looking forward to seeing your Blackmore builds!

For what it is worth, I forgot to mention that this body and neck are not things I found on the website. These were custom orders I made. It took them about 2 months to make them for me.

I hate to say it, but I have to....it looks better in person than it does in the pics.
                    Last edited by DocNrock; 05-03-2009, 11:46 AM.
                    The Guitars:
                    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                    The Amps:
                    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Here are a few more pics, taken in better lighting conditions:

The Guitars:
                      The Amps:

Comment

very cool build..love the neck plate and finish...nice work!!!
                        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

OK, give me a moment...

I HATE YOU

LOL

hehehe

Seriously, though...

I HATE YOU!

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

Now that is way cool.Let me borrow if for a few years.LOL
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That's pretty sweet. Is it me or are the tuners upside down?
                              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X