Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone like the DiMarzio Super 3 pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markD View Post
    yeah, well, i hate EMG's too. my favorite pickup EVER is the SD seth lover, so that should tell you something.....
    Yeah i hear ya about the EMG`s....not a big fan of active pups.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
      Love the Super 3 here as well. Always looking for Super 3s in zebra. If you have one PM me plz.
      Mine is Black/Cream,my favorite color combo for pups.

Comment

Well i just had the Super 3 installed in my Strat and i`m very impressed. I don`t know why people talk about the mids being scooped,to me it is big, thick, and loud. A sonic sledgehammer if you will, but balanced as well with a very good split sound to boot!
        Last edited by Metaled1020; 05-02-2009, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Well i just had the Super 3 installed in my Strat and i`m very impressed. I don`t know why people talk about the mids being scooped,to me it is big, thick, and loud. A sonic sledgehammer if you will, but balanced as well with a very good split sound to boot!
          They're not scooped. It has the highest Mids out of probably any pickup. It was made for people who scoop the mids on their amps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            They're not scooped. It has the highest Mids out of probably any pickup. It was made for people who scoop the mids on their amps.
            OHHHHH.....my error. OK that makes sense. Anyway still sounds great and i don`t scoop the mids on my amps really either,usually keep em half way.

Comment

i play blues based hard rock/classic metal. i normally use a dimarzio paf pro or the jb. i have a couple guitars with the duncan custom/custom, but it depends on the wood.

i gig with pc-1 and sl-1 guitars. the pc-1's have the paf pro, the sl-1's have the jb.

i use rivera s120 amps with 2 rivera 1x12 cabs loaded with evm12l speakers on the dry side (the amp is stereo) and a mesa recto 2x12 vertical with vintage 30's on the wet side.

i use winged C el34 tubes, and my gain channel's eq is set at:

gain - 8
              bass - 4
              middle - 7
              treble - 4.5
              volume - 5

focus - 2
              presence - 4

the super 3 just sounded HORRIBLE with my rig. when i replaced them, i put them in beater guitars. my PS-7 has one it is okay in that guitar - but i rarely play it live. it is tuned to open G for recording and i will play it with a POD to get a useable sound.
              Have you tried different amp settings?
              The Guitars:
              Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
              The Amps:
              Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
                Have you tried different amp settings?
                why would i do that when every other guitar i have, loaded with the pick ups i like, sounds killer through those settings? if i played only at home i could be playing with settings, but since i gig, i want my guitars to work with my sound. if a pick up clashes with my "sound" it gets yanked and replaced.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

why would i do that when every other guitar i have, loaded with the pick ups i like, sounds killer through those settings? if i played only at home i could be playing with settings, but since i gig, i want my guitars to work with my sound. if a pick up clashes with my "sound" it gets yanked and replaced.
                  Fair enough. Its just that most of the time when a pickup sounds "blah," it can usually be corrected with different amp settings. Sounds like the Super 3 isn't for you.
                  The Guitars:
                  Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                  The Amps:
                  Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Working...
                  X