Tell me about the Gibson Faded Double Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the Gibson Faded Double Cut

Seen one used (Ebony) in a local music store and was very impressed. The finish had alot of scratches and a couple of spots where it completely wore off but it really had a cool vintage vibe to it imo. The P90`s sounded absolutely amazing also! I remember when these came out but i didn`t pay much attention to them and i think they are now discontinued. Does anyone have an opinion on these or anyone have one that they really like? Also what would be the best way to touch up the spots on these where the finish wore off? Thanks.

Anyone?

Comment

Well i went back to GC today to play the DC again (simply awesome!) but i didn`t have the money to buy it so i put it on layaway....i didn`t want nobody else to get it! I should have it in a couple weeks.

Thanks for all the help! *lol*

Comment

I had a faded V, and I've heard rumors that Gibson used low-quality wood for these. However, the only other Gibson V I could compare it to was one of the 80s models with the Kahler bridge and alder body. Both felt the same, so I didn't see a problem.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          I had a faded V, and I've heard rumors that Gibson used low-quality wood for these. However, the only other Gibson V I could compare it to was one of the 80s models with the Kahler bridge and alder body. Both felt the same, so I didn't see a problem.
          I`m not sure about that but it feels,plays and sounds awesome! Looks like a nice slab of Mahogany to me. For what its worth its an older model also.

Comment

Working...
          X