Puke green ibanez JEM 777's????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puke green ibanez JEM 777's????

anyone have any to share? this is one of my "unicorn" guitars and i cant really find too many to look at to get an idea for what things i should be looking for when in market for this guitar.

LNG JEM's are my unicorn as well.Love them just can't afford one when I do find one.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Are they reissuing this guitar?
      Theres one on the cover of GW this month with the Steve vai article, and this is the 25th anniversary of Flex-able....
      "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
        Theres one on the cover of GW this month with the Steve vai article, and this is the 25th anniversary of Flex-able....
        I don't believe so.

Comment

lng jems are a rare bird as many collectors have snapped up and kept the best pieces...the most sought after ones will not only be signed by steve but he will have scribbled a little alien looking heiroglyph next to his sig and number...also finding one with the pickups that aren't faded and the edge and neckplate not rusted would be what you would look for if you want to collect...if you want to play it?...find one that is structurally sound and dont worry about the cosmetics...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I was in the hunt for one a few years ago when they could be had in the low $2000's. Now the street price is off the chart!

Comment

Yes. The Loch Ness Green Jems are the coolest of all Jems in my opinion. I'm glad I bought mine when I did....1991...$950.00.

Comment

i love the lng ones...but i think my fave is the black and green swirled ones...those are truly killer as well...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Argh bsteff you're giving me green GAS again!

Comment

First off:
                    bsteff666...nice guitar...very nice.

Anyway,
                    Silly me used to own a Green 777 Jem, #373 signed by Steve, but
                    took it back to the store after I couldn't get the action as I wanted it...
                    Looking back I wish I would have kept the guitar. At the time all my
                    guitars were getting used for touring purposes so collector’s value didn’t enter my mind.

Another bonehead move was to not buy the Blue Floral pattern Jem I found @ Backporch Music in Grand Junction Colorado back in the early 90s.
                    That guitar played great but I was on the "I want a Les Paul" kick.

As for a reissue, having seen the new Guitar World magazine, I was wondering that myself.
                    The guitar Steve's holding on page 56 looks to be in pretty good shape for being (aprox) 20 years old.
                    Also, I think the back of the green Jem is in the pic on page 55...looks like a clean neck to me...
                    I'm not a rabid Steve Vai fan but I'd think that his green Jem would show more wear than the pics provided by Guitar World.

Ibanez has reissued many of their pedals (TS 808 for example).
                    Last year Ibanez did a limited run of three RG 550 models and this year two RG770s;
                    I wouldn’t put it past them to reissue the Green 777 Jem.
                    Last edited by Biff Montana; 03-27-2009, 04:25 PM.

Comment

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                      --floydkramer

Comment

Goddamn I love me some LNG...
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

I played one of those Jem EVO models yesterday while the band was shopping for new gear and everybody agreed that it had a killer sound.

But to get back on the topic of green Ibanez Vai signature guitars, they also offered the seven string Universe in that color combination.

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
                            As long as they don't reissue "Passion and Warfare" I'm up for anything
                            Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                            98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
                              As long as they don't reissue "Passion and Warfare" I'm up for anything
                              Why? Too brilliant for you? :think:

Comment

Working...
                              X