My Almost New Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Almost New Guitar

Last month my girlfriend surprised me & showed me an ebay listing for a guitar, & she said she put one just like it on layaway for me as a birthday gift. Well I went to the shop & played it & checked it out on saturday.. Its not paid off yet.. But its a solid, well made axe, nice low action, thin fast neck & she's got some weight behind her too. Definitely a nice axe & my girl did a good job picking it out. She paid about 100 less than MF< & it even comes a padded gig bag

The one she showed me was red, but I like the black with the red stripe, it & my RR5 are like Yin & Yang, its awesome

Here are a couple shitty phone pics

very cool!!!!! is that a washburn?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yessir, its a Washburn Wv40

Comment

very cool!

Comment

That's pretty sweet lookin'
          Congrats!!!
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

wow...awesome gf and guitar!

Comment

Thanks guys, I definitely plan on holding on to both of em for a while

Comment

I just picked up one of the red ones off Ebay a few weeks ago.
                It was a factory scratch and dent with the corners tore up and input ripped out but for $127 it was a bargain.

Soldered in a new jack and wah-lah, good as new.
                I bought it for my son, but after some bad grades and bad attitude I think I'm gonna keep it for myself a while cause it plays damn nice for a Indonesian set neck V.
                Plan on putting a Kahler behind the nut lock and a tunable tailpiece eventually.

Any woman who buys her man a guitar is one cool chick in my book, so congrats!
                Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Ya man, I'm so glad its such a nice quality axe, I saw where it was made & was a little afraid that she got ripped off, but I saw em on ebay & MF for 500 & up, & total she put 470 into it.

It makes me feel kinda bad though, cuz she can't exactly afford it... Damn, tell her not to get me something for my birthday, & she buys me somethin expensive

Comment

cool. she loves u. congrats and happy b day!

Comment

Nice axe! And cool GF too!
                      Last edited by BenoA; 03-26-2009, 09:21 PM.
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post

Nice axe! And cool GF too!
                        Ya, just like that but with fancy inlays & a TOM

Comment

She's a keeper (the guitar is too!)!

My spouse gifted me with a Silverburst Les Paul Custom for a wedding present. Twenty-eight years later, we're still together, happier than pigs in truffles.
                          WarPig____________________________________________
                          "Live every day as if it were your last...
                          ...one day it will be."

Comment

Originally posted by WarPig View Post
                            She's a keeper (the guitar is too!)!

My spouse gifted me with a Silverburst Les Paul Custom for a wedding present. Twenty-eight years later, we're still together, happier than pigs in truffles.
                            Sweet...my wife of 20 yrs just bought me a silverburst for my birthday...she doesn't know it yet... Think i'll keep her anyway
                            www.JerryRobison.com
                            '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
                              Sweet...my wife of 20 yrs just bought me a silverburst for my birthday...she doesn't know it yet... Think i'll keep her anyway

Mine was totally without my knowledge.

But she also buys me ones she doesn't know about, either. Like the Hamer Standard she gave me for my birthday
                              WarPig____________________________________________
                              "Live every day as if it were your last...
                              ...one day it will be."

Comment

Working...
                              X