I think Im going to grab an ESP/LTD MH1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Im going to grab an ESP/LTD MH1000

Im in the mood for something different... In all honesty, Im kinda tired of spening thousands of dollars on USA Jacksons only to have 50% of the ones Ive bought needing major repair from factory defects. I guess theyve just lost the "wow" factor that was there when I got my first one. Maybe its just me, I dunno... anyway...

Think Im gonna give an MH1000 a try. ESP has always had some good looking axes I have to admit, and they have the features at a reasonable price to boot. Im not gonna spend a mint on a real ESP because I dont have that kind of cash, so I think the top of the line LTD should be a fair representation of the brand, no? Anyone here have one and would like to comment? If I do get one, its going to the FR model.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Rob,

I was able to find a real deal MIJ ESP used for a great price. They are out there. I was watching an M-1 Custom neck thru on ebay for $750. It had maple wings and was a burst finish. I'd go for that over some newer MIK or MII stuff.

But my 2005 Bengal SL2H still kills this new ESP I bought.

Good luck.

Comment

Im not an esp owner myself Jackson all the way for me but alot of my friends are esp fans and i have had the chance to play several differant models including an M1000 with a floyd they arent bad guitars the hardware on them is of a good quality and they useually come with duncan or emg pickups, still have nothing on a jackson tho.

Comment

I think you'll be able to get a second hand ESP Horizon for a similar price to a new MH1000.

If you do go with a brand new one, beware the abalone (or MOP, can't really tell), it may make your eyes bleed.

Comment

I just got a mh401 and it's made in indonsea so it's not going to be as good as the 1000 that is made in Korea. Great player! Their Korean made guitars are pretty nice. I used to have a m302 and should never have sold it.
          The 1000s have too much bling for me all that abalone around the entire top of the guitar on a lot of models. I like the neck on mine better then some of my Jacksons.

Comment

I tried some of the Indonesian ones...the ones I played were crazy value for the dollar...I can't speak to how consistent that would be though.
            My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Thanks guys, Im gonna look into a MIJ Horizon too and see what I can find. If I dont like it I could always sell it, but I think its atleast worth a try.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
              X